The Student Room Group

I've been kicked out of uni!

I've been kicked out of uni because I missed 2 classes :frown: It was my first year and first term I've only been there 2 weeks. We were never given a timetable we had to find everything out on our own. I've only got my head around where suppose to be and I've been kicked out :frown:
I was paid my maintenance loan already and I've spend over £600 on my books and the rest on living costs so now i owe student finance 3k with no job.
What am i suppose to do? I'm a total failure. How am i going to pay back 3k with no job and no money? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which uni did you go to? It seems quite extreme... surely you can appeal that?
Reply 2
What else did you do?
Reply 3
Is that right? Missing 2 classes seems way too harsh. You must have done something else to make you get kicked out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
That's ridiculous. What university is this? PM me your student ID as well, I want to ask for an explanation
Reply 5
You must have done something else for them to kick you out- which uni is it?
Reply 6
Lawl, what university?
That seems a bit harsh.. are you sure all you did was miss classes?
Reply 8
Wra1th
I've been kicked out of uni because I missed 2 classes :frown: It was my first year and first term I've only been there 2 weeks. We were never given a timetable we had to find everything out on our own. I've only got my head around where suppose to be and I've been kicked out :frown:
I was paid my maintenance loan already and I've spend over £600 on my books and the rest on living costs so now i owe student finance 3k with no job.
What am i suppose to do? I'm a total failure. How am i going to pay back 3k with no job and no money? :frown:

Which university?

or... r u troll?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
That's ridiculous, you must have done something else. Universities have to give you a warning about low attendance that also goes to your parents/guardians before they can kick you off a course.
Reply 10
This is the email i got from my head of school:

Hi,
If you have missed two classes you will have been withdrawn from
the University. I warned everybody about this. This includes
all lectures and seminar. How many classes have you missed?

I replied explaining all the **** I've been through with the student center and for the day i was off i said I've got a letter from my doctors but shes ignoring me now.
To add salt to the wound its the university of Greenwich which is the worst and most crappest university EVER. :frown:
Reply 11
Ewan
Lawl, what university?

It saiz in her profile.
Reply 12
My mate hardly went to any lessons & got caught smoking weed in his room 3 times & didn't get kicked out.

I call bull ****.
That doesnt sound right. my friend didnt go to any classes in the first week and i know of others who have missed some due to being ill. They are not allowed to kick you out without a warning and even then its usually if youve missed 3 weeks + of classes and not notified anyone. Did you enrol?
Reply 14
Appeal to the committee board and/or local council to have your place brought back and/or lately deferred for next year
Reply 15
It does seem a bit extreme, especially at the start of Uni.
I'm so sorry.
Lol!
Reply 18
y2cwr2005
That's ridiculous, you must have done something else. Universities have to give you a warning about low attendance that also goes to your parents/guardians before they can kick you off a course.

I'm 20 years old and live with my partner so my parents aren't involved in anything. I really have only been going there for 2 weeks and have only missed two classes :frown:
On our first meeting they said they have far too many students enrolled and they're beeing fined thousands because of it, so as soon as your attendance drops below 90% your instantly withdrawn with no notice.

I know it sounds too harsh to be true but it is, and thats what the problem is. I have a friend who's in all my classes and she hasn't been withdrawn so i know that a day i had off last Thursday is the reason. Which is even more unfair because i have a letter from my doctors for the university :frown:
Something isn't right here...and if that really is what happened, surely you're smart enough to figure out how unfair that is and start making complaints/appeals instead of just crying about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending