The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
electriic_ink
That's bs.

You'd think.
The timetables on the schools website were a year out of date. They said not to look at them and wait for further notice. Notice finally came a week later.
So then we need to find our option classes. Which then they cancel over half of them because "people from last year failed them". So we needed to find out what we were even allowed to attend. Then we find that out and hunt down professors individually to see if they would take us.
All the while student services piss about, not updating our student portal so our attendances were near to impossible to trace...

Leading to this dilemma
Presumably if the uni made such a mess of it, then loads of other people have also been kicked out for the same reason?
Wra1th
You'd think.
The timetables on the schools website were a year out of date. They said not to look at them and wait for further notice. Notice finally came a week later.
So then we need to find our option classes. Which then they cancel over half of them because "people from last year failed them". So we needed to find out what we were even allowed to attend. Then we find that out and hunt down professors individually to see if they would take us.
All the while student services piss about, not updating our student portal so our attendances were near to impossible to trace...

Leading to this dilemma

I see. From the way you put it, it sounds like quite a lot of people would have been expelled for this.
(edited 13 years ago)
electriic_ink
If you had actually been to uni, you would know it would take all hour to do a register for a lecture.

At mine they have a clipboard with a list of everyone who should be there that is passed around during the lecture, and you sign it with your normal signature (which they have on file and check from time to time). If you get caught signing for someone else then you both get in trouble.
Reply 44
Wra1th

I know it sounds too harsh to be true but it is, and thats what the problem is. I have a friend who's in all my classes and she hasn't been withdrawn so i know that a day i had off last Thursday is the reason. Which is even more unfair because i have a letter from my doctors for the university :frown:

It won't be because of that if you had a doctor's note, otherwise they're breaking the law and would be risking a lawsuit. It'll only be for any other days you've missed.
My uni are letting me work from home because of a medical condition, and this is 2n year. Defo complain .
You Failed
Something isn't right here...and if that really is what happened, surely you're smart enough to figure out how unfair that is and start making complaints/appeals instead of just crying about it.

Exactly
Persephone9
At mine they have a clipboard with a list of everyone who should be there that is passed around during the lecture, and you sign it with your normal signature (which they have on file and check from time to time). If you get caught signing for someone else then you both get in trouble.

Fair enough. Sounds a bit stupid tbh :s-smilie:

I'm also surprised OP did not make a similar response :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Hart92
What else did you do?

:biggrin:
frAnkly you are better off in a different uni. do you realy want to put up with this sort of **** for 3 years?
Reply 50
I guess it depends on the course - I understand that for ours (nursing) the register is a requirement but they're now trying to do it electronically except it doesn't work...
Our timetable is however about as disorganised as the OP's and some were warned but went to the students union and the head of faculty and she soon saw how disorganised it was and realised the problem...
say waaa
Reply 52
You Failed
Something isn't right here...and if that really is what happened, surely you're smart enough to figure out how unfair that is and start making complaints/appeals instead of just crying about it.

This would ordinarily be true, however she was at University of Greenwich.
Reply 53
oh dear. academic trolling.
Reply 54
Wra1th
I've been kicked out of uni because I missed 2 classes :frown: It was my first year and first term I've only been there 2 weeks. We were never given a timetable we had to find everything out on our own. I've only got my head around where suppose to be and I've been kicked out :frown:
I was paid my maintenance loan already and I've spend over £600 on my books and the rest on living costs so now i owe student finance 3k with no job.
What am i suppose to do? I'm a total failure. How am i going to pay back 3k with no job and no money? :frown:

In fairness u did a BTEC and have appalling gcses.... You don't deserve to be at uni anyways
(edited 13 years ago)
I think you're trolling. But if not, you've probably been pranked. We worked out at my uni that you could change some stuff so that when you send an email from your uni account, it looks like it's being sent by the person of your choice. Fun pranks were had by pretending to be tutors and other students.
If youre not trolling you need to contact your union advisor at uni and they will take up your case
Nobody gets kicked out for just missing 2 classes ... nobody!
Jeffy91
This would ordinarily be true, however she was at University of Greenwich.

Ahah! A good point!
That's aload of *****, surely you can appeal it?

Latest

Trending

Trending