The Student Room Group
According to my school, if you send yours off earlier you'll get a more reasonable consideration whereas those who send it late/same time as everyone else get judged far more harshly.
Reply 2
I don't think it will have an impact on how many offers you get, but it won't do you any harm :smile: You may seem organised and enthusiastic to the admissions tutors...some universities wait until they have received all applications before considering making any offers anyway.
Reply 3
childofthe90s
According to my school, if you send yours off earlier you'll get a more reasonable consideration whereas those who send it late/same time as everyone else get judged far more harshly.

:O
Reply 4
Depends. People who send them off early have a slight advantage, seeing as many unis tend to give out offers way before the cut off date and therefore would have less offers to give people applying later (my logic anyway :biggrin:). But the official line is no, it doesn't matter since some unis actually wait to give offers.
(edited 13 years ago)
It doesn't matter - in fact if it means you rush your form off without getting your PS and choices spot on and without demonstrating your potential fully to your referees then it can be very counter productive.

What's on the form matters, when it comes in (so long as it meets the deadline) doesn't.

The ONLY exception to this is if you've got slightly unusual qualifications/experience and need your application to have a bit of extra time spent over it, in which case it is best to have contacted your choices LONG before sending off your application AND it's best to avoid the peak times for applications coming in (ie 15th Oct, just after half term and pretty much all of January). But that's about missing the rush and getting lost in the crowd not about getting in before everyone else.

Latest

Trending

Trending