The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love mine! I own two - a generic uni one and my tap and ballet soc one :biggrin:
I still wear my generic one and i graduated a year ago.... :ninja:

I want to go do a masters course, I'll still be that mature student walking around in jeans and my new uni hoody :biggrin:

I just love hoodies and the best ones are the uni ones, so warm and comfy and easy to wear :biggrin:
Reply 21
Celtic_Anthony
Naw. At Glasgow, its mainly girls that wear them. Whatever floats yer boat, though; I'm not going to rant on someone for wearing one for whatever reason. We do realise you study at Glasgow though, most people walking down University Avenue do.

yeah, usually its pretty obvious that if you're walking about campus with a bag or some books, you are at the university.
Reply 22
EKR93
Lol, how come?

because wearing one is just asking to be heckled and I don't suit hoodies.
Reply 23
Cooljack
I'd feel like a proper bell end walking around in an MMU hoody

Do you attend? :s-smilie:
Reply 24
I might well get one, tbh. I see a few people around campus with them and they look nice and warm <3 Then again I might not bother since I have three perfectly good fleeces for when things get chilly...

Always a practical girl :smile:
Reply 25
I like them...though I had limited myself to which uni I can apply to...
It's horrible. It just screams of "Look at me" in my opinion. Mind you they are kind of dying down...

Never owned one, never will and apparantly they cost 25 - 30 squid :lolwut:
Nah, it's not pretentious. It's like wearing your fave teams football shirt :biggrin:
Reply 28
xStaceyy
What do you think about this?
I see people all over the place wearing them, but I don't think I'd wear one myself.
I feel its a bit pretentious :/
Thoughts?

I'd wear one when I go to Uni. I think they look nice! :biggrin:
Reply 29
One question... Why do you see 12 year olds around wearing University hoodies?
I shall be wearing one if I get a place :biggrin:
If I was part of something sporting at Cardiff, I'd probably get a hoody or a t-shirt or whatever that said "Cardiff [Sport type]" just to be like "Yes, I am proud that I compete for my Uni in this sport" -- however, I don't, and I feel it's extremely silly to buy a Uni hoodie, whether for pride-or-otherwise while you're studying there. By all means buy it, but don't parade round your Uni in it as if others need to know you study there...Jeez.

I've bought a Università di Pavia t-shirt and Polo while here, and will no doubt buy the hoodie once my Erasmus grant comes through. Why? Not out of hypocrisy, as I don't (and won't) wear them in Italy -- excepting maybe this weekend when I'm in Torino with some guys and gals from Université de Savoie, and so want to be all "Hey, I don't go to your Uni!" -- I merely want them for the memories, as I leave here in February, and so when I'm in Cardiff again I can wear them as if to say "I did an Erasmus year. Here's where I went."

By all means, buy them. Just don't wear them round your own campus, you tools.
cowsforsale
It's horrible. It just screams of "Look at me" in my opinion.

Naw it disnae. It's the least individualistic item of clothing you can get IMO.
Gunnerzz
One question... Why do you see 12 year olds around wearing University hoodies?

Family members? I've got loadsa gear from Stirling Uni and County rugby teams that I received when I was 15/16 from people studying and playing there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
CatatonicStupor
don't parade round your Uni in it as if others need to know you study there...Jeez.

when I'm in Cardiff again I can wear them as if to say "I did an Erasmus year. Here's where I went."

To be fair, do people need to know that either? :p:

I really don't think people wear them to say "I study here." It's a hoody, most people have one. Makes sense to get a university one rather than a plain one, as it's slightly more personal (though obviously lots of other students have one.)
Mine is very warm, and warmth is a very important commodity in Edinburgh, especially since it suddenly decided to turn freezing over the weekend.
Well I go to the University of Birmingham, but I'm from Birmingham, so wearing one wouldn't be special.
But I'm currently on Erasmus and I am fully getting a Universita degli Studi di Firenze one.
University hoodies are fine.

Wearing a Leavers hoodie makes you look like a tit.
Reply 38
I <3 my Stirling hoodies, because they look class and they're soooooooooo much more comfy than any other hoody I own (no joke)
Reply 39
I love my uni hoodie, it's so warm and comfy. Although I don't really wear it much anymore.

I wear my uni kickboxing hoodie loads though, it's ridiculously warm, and I love it. Although I have 3, so I need to make the most of wearing them (I bought a medium - too big; bought a small - fine; bought another one 'cos they said they were doing zip-up ones, and then they didn't >.<)

But then I wear my home kickboxing t-shirt/hoodie loads too, so it's not unique to uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending