The Student Room Group

Night clubbing in London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
how's about day clubbing hmm
Reply 21
I usually find that places like Fabric and everywhere around Leicester Square are really tacky and full of complete knobheards most of the time. If you want a great night out, you should go somewhere like Shoreditch or Camden (Shoreditch is probably better though). Going to Shoreditch the best time to go is on a Saturday night out as I'm sure you're looking for something busy and the clubs I prefer are Herbal and 93 Feet East (both around Brick Lane and Hackney St). They're both quite reasonably priced compared to the huge clubs in London.

However, if you want to go to the big ones that have a more crazier reputation (don't go to Fabric eurgh) then you're going to have to spend more money, but it's best to go to somewhere like Chinawhite (near Soho) or Aura (St James St in Mayfair). I think they're about £20 each to get in but it's worth it. Also, you have to get on the guestlist before you go as they are both guestlist only but you can get on there by going on their websites or ringing them. Hope this helps!
If you value your sanity, do not go to Leicester Square or any club on the Haymarket. Packed full of tourists and people who know nothing about clubbing. I've probably had two good nights there in the umpteen times I've visited, and that's probably because it was a private party.

Soho is good (Leicester Square is categorically outside Soho) and bad. Punk is a great little place sat between Oxford Street and Soho Square. Moonlighting is bad.

Fabric, Matter and Ministry are generally visited for the music, that's to say you will get tired and it will be unbearably loud. Don't go unless you want to get unbearably drunk or dance the night away without stopping at all. I love Fabric but I can say a night there is very tiring indeed. Heaven under Charing Cross Road is very good though it's mostly gay nights there only.

Camden is becoming more and more mainstream by the minute, regrettably. Wouldn't recommend going on a weekend but the monthly Buttoned Down Disco at Koko is amazing, and the night before I moved to France I went to an 80s night at Underworld! Proud's also okay on a weeknight.

I haven't actually ever been out in Shoreditch. I want to.
(edited 13 years ago)
i like the roxy, off oxford street.
or afterskool at the KCLSU on fridays

definitely give moonlighting a WIDE berth, especially on wednesdays.
fabric is fine if you're into d&b or dubstep, but it's expensive - both the drinks and entry.
Reply 24
Egg. It's near Kings Cross and is awesome. Don't go to Tiger Tiger or Fabric, they are crap.
And I almost guarantee that you wont be let in with someone elses I.D. I'm 19 yet get asked for ID everywhere because I looks so young. The bouncers are really strict and never believe that it's my ID, apparently as it doesn't look like me...
Reply 25
coffee&cigarettes
i like the roxy, off oxford street.
or afterskool at the KCLSU on fridays

definitely give moonlighting a WIDE berth, especially on wednesdays.
fabric is fine if you're into d&b or dubstep, but it's expensive - both the drinks and entry.

:yep: the roxy is great :smile: was there last night hehe
Hi I'm in the same situation and was just wondering if you made it to koko and if they did study the ID's as there's where I'm headed tonight using a friends ID

Quick Reply

Latest