The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think im a bit introverted and im doing just fine
Reply 21
chronic_fatigue
People who think that are probably insecure. Why would you feel offended or insulted if someone didn't talk to you? You can't be liked by everyone.

I didn't say I personally felt like that, but the people in this topic are saying they don't bother talking when they aren't interested. I'm not saying you should pretend, I'm just giving a possible reason for the hostility..
Reply 22
I can't see how introversion is of any help in life - just take the value placed on good social skills in everyday life. I guess you could try and become interested in people, many folk like that quality in somebody.
rajandkwameali
hmm... the absolute autarch of human affairs has appeared. Non of the PC nonsense please.

sorry, but it's a free world, i'm entitled to my opinions. I think people should accept others as they are, not translate pop culture ******** values into every situation.

whaaaaaaaaaat on earth are you on about?

*googles autarch*

"autarchism is a political philosophy that upholds the principle of individual liberty and rejects compulsory government"

well... good! but again, whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
(edited 13 years ago)
MissFanatical

*googles autarch*

"autarchism is a political philosophy that upholds the principle of individual liberty and rejects compulsory government"

Well this is awkward...
Everyone else got it. :yep:
mikeylfc1989
Well this is awkward...
Everyone else got it. :yep:

:frown:

can everyone else explain?
MissFanatical

*googles autarch*

Studying law and so dim? I guess not everything in life makes sense.
Fusion
I can't see how introversion is of any help in life - just take the value placed on good social skills in everyday life. I guess you could try and become interested in people, many folk like that quality in somebody.

Social skills is also learning how to handle people and the world. Expecting everybody to be the same is not good social skills.
rajandkwameali
Studying law and so dim? I guess not everything in life makes sense.

OOH, BURN.

but ye i still down get how your comment

rajandkwameali
hmm... the absolute autarch of human affairs has appeared. Non of the PC nonsense please.

sorry, but it's a free world, i'm entitled to my opinions. I think people should accept others as they are, not translate pop culture ******** values into every situation.

was relevant to what i said in any way.

how am i a politically correct autarch of human affairs? :| all i did was call you rude. a comment i'm far from retracting...
dunno tbh, if someone wants to keep to themselves, that has NO impact on me at all, I'll just leave them to get on with it and generally they'll be more polite/less arrogant when we do have the odd conversation.

I guess because our countries past time is getting so drunk you can barely remember the night before, whether it club, pub or bar. Sometimes I just stop and think about how sad that is, it's very rare anyone suggests anything else but "going out tonight" or "pub after work". It's like people don't have hobbies or interests, they just want to drown themselves in a toxin...just the right amount of vodka, when my surroundings fade away, I think about that at times, what am I doing? Why am I doing it? The above requires you to be social, and be surrounded by many strangers, which introverts generally avoid. Though I don't go clubbing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Introverts are more likely to harbour murderous axe-wielding tendencies.

I've seen too many films, haven't I? :p:
MissFanatical
maybe if some introverts didn't go around posting on student forums that 'most of society' was 'dim' they'd be more likeable, have more friends and not feel negatively towards 'most of society' in the first place ... :holmes:

JUST A THOUGHT :hippie:

Maybe if the rest of society didn't unfairly make us introverts feel like some kind of freaks of nature (and sometimes extroverts really can be cruel, even without knowing it) then we wouldn't go around posting on student forums that 'most of society' was 'dim' . . .

JUST A THOUGHT :cool: :p:
Personally i couldnt care if someone is introverted.

However people who wont speak or attempt to engage i quickly learn to ignore, i have nothing to say so someone who wont give me the common courtesy of a response

thier social ineptitude is not my problem.

But introvert does not always mean shy
Aphotic Cosmos
Maybe if the rest of society didn't unfairly make us introverts feel like some kind of freaks of nature (and sometimes extroverts really can be cruel, even without knowing it) then we wouldn't go around posting on student forums that 'most of society' was 'dim' . . .

JUST A THOUGHT :cool: :p:

was that aimed at me? if so lol, i consider myself to be an introvert too, but that doesn't make me furious at more outgoing people as an overwhelmingly large amount of this forum seem to be.
I'm an introvert.
I find social situations a challenge and when I spend too long with people it becomes downright unpleasant. I also hate small talk and am terrible at it. In an actual conversation, I'm not too bad. But my refusal or inability to participate in the ritual exchange of "You all right?", "Yes thanks, you?", "Yeah", "Cool", makes me come across as aloof most of the time. Tbh I do consider it kind of beneath me. I don't want to waste my valuable but limited quota of conversation ability on that.
Am I a bad person? I don't think so. And I honestly do not give a **** whether other people think so.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Since when does being introverted mean you must be unsociable?

This world places far too much emphasis on being popular, loud and outgoing. Sadly because of the nature of these people, they are often the ones who make it to to apparent 'top'. They become managers and leaders and this just continues the problem with society.
Not liked as I'm quiet in social situation, hated for speaking in seminar discussion...you can't win with people. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Being introverted means you just put yourself first, which I guess isn't always bad, as long as you believe self preservation.
MissFanatical
OOH, BURN.

but ye i still down get how your comment

was relevant to what i said in any way.

how am i a politically correct autarch of human affairs? :| all i did was call you rude. a comment i'm far from retracting...

I was "rude" since you don't sound nice. You have autocratic behaviour, hence my autarch comment.
Its_Miller_Time
Being introverted means you just put yourself first, which I guess isn't always bad, as long as you believe self preservation.

No, no it really doesn't.

I would describe myself as very empathetic with a deep compassion for lots of other people, causes, ideas, etc., but it's just that I don't feel the need to tell everyone else about it. I am, according to the Jungian classification system, 90-100% introverted. Go figure.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending