The Student Room Group

Why can British men only approach women when they're hammered or via the internet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Because in Britain theres a fine line between a woman responding positively, and a court case for sexual harrassment.
Reply 61
69Crazyfists
There have been plenty of threads on this. Let's look at it from the other point of view. In this country, walking up to a random girl is seen as weird BY GIRLS TOO.
After a couple of drinks, not only is a man more confident, but a girl is more likely be open to the approach of a stranger.
In a country, America for example, the guys may be more confident to go up to a random girl, but only because the girls are on the whole more receptive to it, so there is nothing to worry about.
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree...

There is logic in your words.
There are always the skanks that you can chat up on the street :o:
Reply 62
Beadle's About
Yes, I agree 100% with you. Black people tend to be more direct and to the point about their intentions. White people waste too much time with small talk and other equally 'entertaining' but generally '********' conversation....thus leading to more people being put in the 'friends zone'.

Yeah.. i wish i was more black myself mwhaha!! Sometimes i think they're too direct, but i guess thats the "white" part of me :')

Confidence is what it is with girls
Reply 63
TwoZootsPlz
You just missed out on free meals a free hotel night free transport, im sure you could of squeezed out a few free drinks and a link to her friends so you can get even more girls massaging your ego. oh well life goes on.

Erm there was no talk or offer of a meal. Erm I'm prett sure I'd have to pay for my own transport to the hotel and back to my house. Erm why would her friends be there? Erm you must be a nerd.
Threepigs
I'd get done for assault.

Why?
Reply 65
Well, generally English culture is quite cold and rejection is very punishing-hence the need for alcohol.
Reply 66
Original post by _DaNnY_
I blame...anti-male semitism...

What is this supposed to mean? Prejudice against male Jews only?
Reply 67
Because its up to the guys to go over to the girls, not the other way around. That requires a little bit of courage which is what alcohol is good for.
Never met me, have you OP?

:sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending