The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fleur-de-lis
Ok, apart from some good insights above:-
* He looks deep into your eyes (often making you uncomfortable)
* You can catch him staring at you often, and looking away guiltily when caught staring. If he holds the stare, then he probably sees you as a friend
* Sits near you during classes and suggests events to do together
* Walks you back home if it is past 11!
* He leans into your body space (in other words, he stands closer to you)
* Usually isn't happy if you touch his arm or shoulder or anything. If he sees you as a friend, he wouldn't mind you having your arm around him
* If he is way taller than you, it is very probable that he would stoop down to your height while talking.
* He isn't happy seeing others talking to you
* He can be incredibly shy while talking or over-confident
* Blushing!!!
Ok, all of this is only when he is in the liking/early love stage, the pre-date time or during the first few dates.

thats all the stuff that i do except walking back at 11 o clock to the girl that i like!
Reply 41
If he holds the stare, then he probably sees you as a friend

Don't agree with that one! :confused:
Reply 42
I'm still bedazzled by the concept of the "liking/early love stage".

I say I fancy someone, but is that enough? They've invented a whole fecking terminology.
Reply 43
2 5 +
I'm still bedazzled by the concept of the "liking/early love stage".

I say I fancy someone, but is that enough? They've invented a whole fecking terminology.
I'm not sure I remeber reading some of the pyschology of this which suggetsed whats commonly refer to as "Love" is more often than not limerence
Reply 44
~cherrykisses~
He wears that lush green top that matches his eyes when he knows he'll be seeing you.
Closer than you could ever imagine. :blush:
Reply 45
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....u guys r so transparent its FUNNY
Reply 46
fleur-de-lis

Lol reminds me of this guy - when I asked a guy-friend if he'd walk me back to my hall at past 11 at night and he couldn't be bothered, the guy sitting next to me whom I'd only just met offered. He was a bit tipsy and quite funny lol :biggrin: Like I'd say he's tipsy, then he'd disagree, and I'd say "Yeh you are" and he'd think about it and then he'd agree. All this done in a very tipsy manner. I was sober myself but he wasn't. Haven't seen that guy since that night though.
fleur-de-lis
Ok, apart from some good insights above:-
* He looks deep into your eyes (often making you uncomfortable)
* You can catch him staring at you often, and looking away guiltily when caught staring. If he holds the stare, then he probably sees you as a friend
* Sits near you during classes and suggests events to do together
* He leans into your body space (in other words, he stands closer to you)
* Usually isn't happy if you touch his arm or shoulder or anything. If he sees you as a friend, he wouldn't mind you having your arm around him
* If he is way taller than you, it is very probable that he would stoop down to your height while talking.
* He isn't happy seeing others talking to you
* He can be incredibly shy while talking or over-confident
* Blushing!!!
Ok, all of this is only when he is in the liking/early love stage, the pre-date time or during the first few dates.

Presumably girls do quite a bit of this stuff to guys as well (except walkin u home @ 11 lol!!!!)...

If so, then what do you mean by "leans into body space"?

do u mean jst standin close, walkin past u close or actually leaning in front of you :confused:

girls have done this a few times to me and im a bit confused
French guys do this thing where they'll stand behind you in a crowded bar and sort of lean their back against yours.
It's the weirdest thing ever.
Works, though.
Objet trouvé
French guys do this thing where they'll stand behind you in a crowded bar and sort of lean their back against yours.
It's the weirdest thing ever.
Works, though.

It's called being a smelly dirty perv:smile:
a guy kissed me at a vet social - but we haven't talked about it since.

i dunno if he was drunk or not - so many people in vet school have been asking me what's going on?!!

i don't know!! :eek:
Reply 51
join the confusiion!
Reply 52
Sami C
There any many reasons you can tell, but in each point I will make, the polar opposite applies as well as guys are different.

1. I make more of an effort to keep eye contact. However, some guys could avoid it so loads of eye contact or none at all could be sign (although the latter could be boredom!)

2. I tend to disagree with a lot she is saying, try to get a discussion going, without being rude, so when I leave she will think about me and the conversation. However, some guys could agree with anything you say as love you, so either extremes and you have a chance.

3. I also have the habit of moving away if she touches me or if she brushes against me jumping away. It's really weird. I long for more touches but I can't help it. The other extreme is that the guy could just want to be hugged all the time or always hug you, touch your hand. So either one and there is a chance.

4. If I having a conversation alone with her and somebody interrupts that will visibly annoy me, as i'm enjoying it and trying to get in there. So if somebody joins your conversation and he bottles up that could be a sign, but its a longshot.

5. There's there standard procedure of you catching the guy looking at you. I actually deliberatly try to get her to catch me looking and then hold the look before looking away and trying to cooly rejoin a conversation around me. Equally if he stops what he doing to talk to you or smile at you that's another sign.

That's the best I can do.

I'd pretty much agree with that
2 5 +
I once had the idea that all of those were just made up by some girl hundreds of years back, and so the guys started to act like it, just to let the girls know that they liked them... but maybe that's just me.

Very clever, you.
Reply 54
~cherrykisses~
Their pupils become larger if they are attracted to you.... its a scientific fact

Or it could be the lighting.

Anyway, one sign is he becomes uncomfortable with his hands and rub them against his pants. Or he finds odd times to touch you, even if it's just constantly hitting your leg.

Or if you notice something protruding from his frontside...that's another sign.
Reply 55
im a guy and i can comfortably say that a woman will never get a single clue if i like her or not
~cherrykisses~
Their pupils become larger if they are attracted to you.... its a scientific fact

you cant stare into peoples pupils though. they think youre crazed and obsessed
Reply 57
r0manticide17
you cant stare into peoples pupils though. they think youre crazed and obsessed

You can and it's called eye-contact :smile: :eek:

I do it all the time. :wink:
Reply 58
supercat
I've heard he sticks his hands in his pockets and points his thumbs towards his, umm, area. It's a sociobiological thing - he wants babies, so directs your attention towards his, umm, baby making area.

OMG i cant believe that, i do that! Not on purpose, but yer when im talkin 2 sum1 i fancy that happens, wow! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 59
Ricki
You can and it's called eye-contact :smile: :eek:

I do it all the time. :wink:

Well, that's because you're crazy. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending