The Student Room Group

Anyone missed a lecture yet?

Scroll to see replies

1 practical, 3 lectures. :emo:
BOOHOO
Anyone who misses a lecture for "sleeping in" is a lazy **** and really needs to get in gear. No excuse. Lazy people annoy me.
Reply 62
I have missed way too many. I've lost count of how many I've missed. In fact, I'm missing one right now.
Reply 63
I missed a seminar on French cinema because I stupidly forgot to set my alarm. I also missed one Japanese seminar, but didn't feel half as bad as I did for missing the French one.

That's all so far. I haven't missed any lectures, but I only have 2 a week. The rest is seminars and a lab. ^_^
Original post by ttoby
I have missed way too many. I've lost count of how many I've missed. In fact, I'm missing one right now.

Lazy child :colonhash:
Reply 65
I've missed two today because I woke up with a migraine, it's getting better now though so I'm going in for my presentation this afternoon.

Apart from that I've only missed 1more since the start of the year.
First year, I missed a few - maybe seven? - although all due to illness or transport - I can only use a bus to get to uni; in the heavy snow we had, the companies stopped running ... so that was me out for a few days. And some days you just get lots of traffic problems, and they have a knack of all happening on the same day, so I've had a couple where I got to uni after the lecture finished (or would have, if I'd actually walked up there; in reality, I stayed on the bus and just went straight back home because there was five minutes until the end of the lecture, and a fifteen minute walk to get there.)

This year, I've missed one because I was at the hospital at the time. Valid reason, I think.
Not yet, I've almost been late on a few occasions but haven't missed any so far.
I've missed 4 lectures from my elective. I resent having to do an elective.
Reply 69
I only have 3 lectures a week, so not yet.
I probably will at some point, my philosophy lectures consist of powerpoint slides that we already have in the form of a course pack and the lecturer asking us questions when the answer is quite clearly in these packs:facepalm2:
Reply 70
I only go to a lecture if i have a seminar just before or after, or if its a maths one where i have to give in work.

We can get lecture notes online though.
Reply 71
I think I've missed something like 3 so far. Although I have had to walk out of 2 sessions because of illness, I was still in the lecture though! Considering we finish in like 2-3 weeks, I don't think missing 3 is too bad.
I think I've missed more than I've actually been to - no wonder I'm failing all the exams we've had so far :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 73
My attendance is probably under 50%.
I'm in second year and have missed 7 lectures so far due to having to have a week off because of a contagious illness which mean that I had to stay in isolation for seven days :frown: Never missed a single one through the WHOLE of my first year, so I was incredibly gutted to be ill!
None. But then, my day doesn't start till like, 12, and I only have 1 lecture a week (the rest are classes), and I have to attend as a register is taken :yep:
I missed about 2 lectures in my first year :angel: first one around Novemeber time IIRC. This year I've missed a few more due to oversleeping or some I just can't be bothered/see pointless to go to, plus you get in a routine then my timetable changed halfway through term. :nothing:
Original post by Gemma :)!
I'm in second year and have missed 7 lectures so far due to having to have a week off because of a contagious illness which mean that I had to stay in isolation for seven days :frown: Never missed a single one through the WHOLE of my first year, so I was incredibly gutted to be ill!

Ive actually been in a lab session with a highly contagious illness, because missing one is grounds for failing the module :frown::frown:. I also have a feeling i was in lectures with swine flu as i dont see a cold/flu as a reason to stay off.

so far this year ive missed 4 lectures bearing in mind im on placement so we only have one a week
nope... and im in second year :biggrin:
Reply 79
No, but I keep falling asleep in them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending