The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Aj12
Ok apparently I have glandular fever. I feel fine only a little bit tired but otherwise no symptoms not even a sore throat.

Now I want to go out this Friday drinking with my friends, is this ok? Haven't spoken to a doctor because it was a letter that told me I had it and so I have not been given much advice other than you may feel tired.

Anyone?

Dunno about the alcohol, but if you go out with your friends they'll probably all end up with glandular fever.
Aj12
Ok apparently I have glandular fever. I feel fine only a little bit tired but otherwise no symptoms not even a sore throat.

Now I want to go out this Friday drinking with my friends, is this ok? Haven't spoken to a doctor because it was a letter that told me I had it and so I have not been given much advice other than you may feel tired.

Anyone?

Binging is prone to making disease much worse. A couple of drinks should be ok though.
Reply 3
Digit_Five
Dunno about the alcohol, but if you go out with your friends they'll probably all end up with glandular fever.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I had glandular fever when I was in my last yr at school. It's now 6 years later and I still suffer from the side effects. Constantly tired, get every cold going (always starts in my throat glands) and even at times, depression. All I can say, is just don't over do it! It will take it out of you for a good couple of days after (I managed uni and nights out, but alwasy paid for it after!!)... It's a rubbish illness, so rest as much as possible!!
Get well soon! xx
Reply 5
Rachellack
I had glandular fever when I was in my last yr at school. It's now 6 years later and I still suffer from the side effects. Constantly tired, get every cold going (always starts in my throat glands) and even at times, depression. All I can say, is just don't over do it! It will take it out of you for a good couple of days after (I managed uni and nights out, but alwasy paid for it after!!)... It's a rubbish illness, so rest as much as possible!!
Get well soon! xx

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
yeah it counts!
Digit_Five

As long as he doesn't kiss them or share drinks with them, they'll be fine - you don't catch glandular fever like you catch a cold.

OP - you'll probably be alright to have a couple of drinks but definitely be aware of the fact that glandular fever affects your liver function and it might make you feel like poo for a good few days.
Reply 8
I wouldn't drink. Glandular fever puts you at risk of an inflamed liver (hepatitis) and alcohol will aggravate it. Not saying you have it, but why take the risk? Just let your body 'recover' for a few weeks.

Latest