The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Drewski
He came here on the pretence of answering questions. He did not. He came only to make his reputation look good in the eyes of his peers [not referring to other Lords!] about whom he cares, not the younger generation he's screwing over.

Calm down, grandad.

He answered the questions. At the end of day, just read the report.

His reputation is still there- amazing. He is a Lord and your not. Stop the jealousy.

He looks good, I don't know what you mean? Are you attracted to him? :s

I like the fact that he preferred vanilla ice creams. Shows he is a simple man leading a simple life. I say, Bravo, Lord, Bravo. :clap:
Reply 21
The_Male_Melons
Leave Browne alone. What has done? Yes, it is important to know what flavour ice cream, he prefers and whether he liked tea of coffee? It allows a human connection to be established.
He did talk to young people. A man of his stature didn't need to talk to young people, but he did. A brave duckling, he was.
Lord Browne is a legend.
Nuff Love, to him.

He also didn't need to post some frankly patronising replies which didn't answer the question, but he did. But still, it's respectable that he took time out to talk to a group of individuals who aren't very big fans of him because of his report.
gildartz
He also didn't need to post some frankly patronising replies which didn't answer the question, but he did. But still, it's respectable that he took time out to talk to a group of individuals who aren't very big fans of him because of his report.

Exactly. I reckon a posters of Lord Browne will replace posters of Simon Cowell in every teenager's bedroom wall.
Reply 23
RK
Thanks for taking the time out to answer questions here :smile:

Honestly though, he needn't of bothered. He just wasted our time and used TSR to show off to the media. If I ran TSR I would feel a bit miffed off.
Reply 24
Well, that was nice. I'd question the usefulness of such an appearance, but I suppose it was only an hour and made a fair impact.

I liked the Browne review and it broadly gets my support.

Oxbridge Animae
He answered a lot of off topic questions and wasted time.

Typical conservative MP.

Er, he's a Labour-leaning independent Member of the House of Lords...
Oxbridge Animae
Lord Browne is a troll.

Typical conservative MP.

Actually, he's not an MP, he's a lord (the clue is in the name), and he's an independent.

Don't let me spoil your fun though :rolleyes:
gildartz

True, he must have known nothing he could say would make any difference. The majority of people here see "increased fees" and get in a strop just because they have to pay more.
Addzter
Cheers Hash Browne. When you next see Mandy, tell him "yo, bish" from Addzter.

:rofl:
Lord Browne in still online - what's going on?

He has become addicted to TSR!
Reply 29
Thanks for taking the time to at least read the opinions of the Future of the UK :smile:
Pretty good effort. Annoys me that many many people (including me) wanted to know about 2011 entry, didn't answer that yet told us he likes vanilla ice cream and coffee.
Reply 31
Thank you for your time, but I can't help but feel that your strategy here was to skurt around major issues and avoid the more difficult questions posed entirely.

Also inb4 "what do you expect from a politician?" because some of the other politicians that have posted here have been far more direct with their responses.
(edited 13 years ago)
lord browne = god
Reply 33
mel0n
:hmmm: Thanks for taking the time to answer questions but no thanks for most of the actual answers you gave. Have a good evening.

The smily you want to use is this :unimpressed:

I agree with you though.
Useful and good to see people affected being engaged.

I do think a small improvement would've been for members to complete and pass a short multiple question quiz to demonstrate understanding of the report before you were permitted to pose a question to Lord Browne, mind.

:wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
milkytea
Thank you for your time, but I can't help but feel that your strategy here was to skurt around major issues and avoid the more difficult questions posed entirely.

Also inb4 "what do you expect from a politician?" because some of the other politicians that have posted here have been far more direct with their responses.

Have they really?

David Milliband is the only other person i know of that did this and he was just as bad.
Reply 36
Is it just me or has Lord Browne's rep gone down? He'll be hitting red soon if he doesn't watch it :eek:
(edited 13 years ago)
fretter778
Pretty good effort. Annoys me that many many people (including me) wanted to know about 2011 entry, didn't answer that yet told us he likes vanilla ice cream and coffee.

2011 entry will be £3290ish fees (will go up about £50 due to inflation).
Reply 38
Oxbridge Animae
Lord Browne is a troll.

Typical conservative MP.

He is not a conservative MP, he is a lord and was appointed by the labour party.
Corko93
He is not a conservative MP, he is a lord and was appointed by the labour party.

Are you questioning a Christ Church student here?

I sincerely hope not.

Latest

Trending

Trending