The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is he for real?
Reply 41
Oxbridge Animae
Are you questioning a Christ Church student here?

I sincerely hope not.

As a Christ Church student you would surely know to research a topic before making an argument.
Lord Browne
Thank you everyone, I hope you found that useful. If your questions weren't addressed take a look at the official Review website.

Thank you

Dear Lord Browne

Come Back!? i need to ask you some more questions regarding your review on tuition fee.:smile:

Regards Remarqable M
Corko93
As a Christ Church student you would surely know to research a topic before making an argument.

I will acknowledge what you state when you get into a decent University, my friend

For now, shouldn't you be doing homework or chores? :teehee:
Reply 44
Oxbridge Animae
I will acknowledge what you state when you get into a decent University, my friend

For now, shouldn't you be doing homework or chores? :teehee:

Typical elitist, can't admit to being wrong.
lol i think the poll is obviously biased because no-one likes his report... he actually did well in answering questions, he didn't have to come here.

btw i don't like the rise in fees either :/
Pinball_heart
I don't want to wish him a slow painful death...
But honestly if you even touch the price of my masters...
Grrrr.

HAHAHAHA THIS a million times over!!!
angelmxxx
2011 entry will be £3290ish fees (will go up about £50 due to inflation).

How do you know that?
Reply 48
fretter778
How do you know that?

Because that is what you've applied for.
The fees for the UCAS 2011 cycle are the same as last years plus inflation.
fretter778
How do you know that?

Because 1. fees can't go up after people have applied;

2. the govt hasn't even announced the bill they want to pass yet - no way it'd become law and all get sorted out before people have to firm offers.

3. unis can't set prices after people have applied.

4. common sense - they can't now announce to 100s of 1000s of people who have applied for uni, or are now applying, that fees might increase and make them ring their 5 unis to ask what fees they're charging!

That's for 2011 ENTRY - if you mean applying in Sept 2011 for 2012 entry, it could well have increased by then.
angelmxxx
Because 1. fees can't go up after people have applied;

2. the govt hasn't even announced the bill they want to pass yet - no way it'd become law and all get sorted out before people have to firm offers.

3. unis can't set prices after people have applied.

4. common sense - they can't now announce to 100s of 1000s of people who have applied for uni, or are now applying, that fees might increase and make them ring their 5 unis to ask what fees they're charging!

That's for 2011 ENTRY - if you mean applying in Sept 2011 for 2012 entry, it could well have increased by then.

Good point. That's a relief!
Reply 51
cambo211
Have they really?

David Milliband is the only other person i know of that did this and he was just as bad.

Before the May election Cameron and Clegg were on here, they were far better than this.

Although Cameron did some major skurting when asked which university clubs and societies he was part of.:p:
Reply 52
milkytea
Before the May election Cameron and Clegg were on here, they were far better than this.

Although Cameron did some major skurting when asked which university clubs and societies he was part of.:p:

They were presented it in a very different manner.
They were all given a set of the same 10 questions with no time limit.
Of course their responses were going to be better than the ones which Lord Browne was answering live whilst most likely being bombarded by messages.
Dear Lord Browne,

I am a primary school teacher and, morre importantly, the mother of a year 13 student who is desperate to study Law at Oxford in 2010. She has been preparing herself for it for about 3 years.

Your current proposals may well make this impossible. I am appalled at you and your colleagues' gung ho attitude to our children's futures.

Yet you try and ingratiate yourself with students by discussing ice-cream, adding an exclamation mark for extra "kudos". Wow you're wacky.

Shame on you and all who support you.
Reply 54
CityOfMyHeart
Exactly.

Sometimes I wish MPs would just be honest. That's what this country needs.

If all politicians were honest, they'd be near enough clones so politicans adopt variants of differing ********* to seem different.
Reply 55
Marie Hunter
Dear Lord Browne,

I am a primary school teacher and, morre importantly, the mother of a year 13 student who is desperate to study Law at Oxford in 2010. She has been preparing herself for it for about 3 years.

Your current proposals may well make this impossible. I am appalled at you and your colleagues' gung ho attitude to our children's futures.

Yet you try and ingratiate yourself with students by discussing ice-cream, adding an exclamation mark for extra "kudos". Wow you're wacky.

Surely this won't affect your daughter, but rather my year and the years preceding mine (year below).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Marie Hunter
Dear Lord Browne,

It will only affect your daughter if she doesn't get in and takes a gap year or if she applies for deferred entry
negged
I can think of something else that is Browne and it adequately describes your performance, my Lord.
Sorry, I meant 2011! And I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the proposal means that whenever it becomes effective, even if it is not until the following year, it will affect all students studying from that date. But of course I may be completely wrong there.

That comes with age, admitting that you're probably wrong a lot of the time!

But it's not just my daughter is it? It's all of you, or your contemporaries, anyway, and you deserve much, much better.

I was inordinately lucky, attending university in the mid eighties, before anyone dreamed of tuition fees, and we still got some degree of maintenance grant. Of course there weren't so many of us then.

Anyway, I will leave this site to the people it really belongs to, the students. My daughter would kill me if she knew I was on here.

Please find your voice and protest. I wish you lots of luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending