The Student Room Group

Unusual revision technique?

My revision technique is going to be quite experimental and stupid. What i intend to do is print out past papers for all my subjects. And simultaneously cover content and do past papers. I will do past papers and if i come a question i haven't covered the content of i would cover the content and do the question. I think it sounds stupid, but i don't mind experimenting on my mind...:biggrin:

Yes, i know i am an idiot.
Reply 1
LOL

Nothing new, my maths teacher last year did that. We would cover an exam topic and then do questions on it.

Tbh it didnt make much of a difference.

Your better off learning all the content then doing the papers, as they often like to mix content together
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
alex0909

Your better off learning all the content then doing the papers, as they often like to mix content together

How long does it take to cover content on average... a unit of a science or maths. is it like 2 1/2 months?
Reply 3
NewCrack
How long does it take to cover content on average... a unit of a science or maths. is it like 2 1/2 months?

Well it can be quite quick, depending on how bright you are and how quickly your class moves.

I'm doing M2 with a tutor and I can do over a chapter a lesson, it just requires quite a bit of work on your part

As for other sciences, I cant comment I never did them
Loads of people do this, at least they do after they've gone through the content once...
NewCrack
My revision technique is going to be quite experimental and stupid. What i intend to do is print out past papers for all my subjects. And simultaneously cover content and do past papers. I will do past papers and if i come a question i haven't covered the content of i would cover the content and do the question. I think it sounds stupid, but i don't mind experimenting on my mind...:biggrin:

Yes, i know i am an idiot.

A lot of people do that, after doing one topic you find past paper questions on that topic and do them. Getting them right proves you know that topic well enough and can move on.
I think it takes around 3 weeks to cover a module, but obviously can't generalise it to all subjects.

Latest