The Student Room Group

Which are the best universities to study archaeology?

I have AABB at AS level and I am predicated A*AA, I'd like to do archaeology, but I am not sure where to go. Help and advice :confused:
Reply 1
I'm a 2nd year archaeologist at Nottingham :biggrin: I thoroughly recommend it.
Archaeologist my father was speaking to says UCL.

My friend does Egyptian archaeology there, seems to think it's good. :dontknow:
Reply 3
It really depends what you want to do. There are many excellent departments about - there's a variety of size, there's different degree paths, there's different degrees - BA/BSc - some unis provide both! You need to do some research and try to visit as many as possible. There's also an archaeology unnoficial sub forum (thread) in social sciences.

Of course we'll all suggest you go to our uni!
(edited 13 years ago)
ancientone
It really depends what you want to do. There are many excellent departments about - there's a variety of size, there's different degree paths, there's different degrees - BA/BSc - some unis provide both! You need to do some research and try to visit as many as possible. There's also an archaeology unnoficial sub forum (thread) in social sciences.

Of course we'll all suggest you go to our uni!

i bet the OP found this answer really helpful for narrowing down his choices!
Redreynard
i bet the OP found this answer really helpful for narrowing down his choices!

Wouldn't you? :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ben788
I have AABB at AS level and I am predicated A*AA, I'd like to do archaeology, but I am not sure where to go. Help and advice :confused:

UCL is supposed have one of the best, if not the best, archaeology departments in the world. It's certainly the best in the UK, followed by Cambridge. Go for one of those two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending