The Student Room Group

Change oxford college after sending application?

hey,

I may be wrong, but I believe that the ucas website says that you can "change a university or college choice in Track within 14 days from the date on your welcome letter" and I've just tried changing my choice of Oxford College from Corpus Christi to University, but I got an error message saying "Invalid substitution: Sorry, it is not possible to apply for more than one choice at Oxford University within each application cycle.". It sounds like this message is wrong; I'm replacing my current oxford choice with a different oxford choice, im still only going to have 1 application to oxford in the end...What should I do?

Cheers
call ucas?
Reply 2
overtherainbow
call ucas?

ugh this is a nightmare...i called ucas to change my college and they said to phone oxford, so I did, who then told me to go phone ucas...so I did and they obviously told me to phone oxford...both ucas and oxford are very adamant that it's the other people who change it...and the deadline to change it is tomorrow and the oxford offices are now closed!! aahahhHH!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
ah ha, it's all sorted now; for anyone else who has this problem UCAS now have permission to change your oxford college. :smile:
Reply 4
Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering -- is the welcome letter you mentioned your offer from Oxford, or a generic email from UCAS saying something like "Welcome to UCAS, you can apply wherever"?
Reply 5
Hello,

By welcome letter, did you mean your offer from Oxford or a generic email from UCAS saying something like
Original post by dcankaya
Hello,

By welcome letter, did you mean your offer from Oxford or a generic email from UCAS saying something like

This thread was four years old when with your first ever post you reactivated it in 2014, to no effect. Now you have done so again 18 months later with your second ever post. Given that the person you are asking hasn't posted for a similar time, I don't think you are going to get a response!
Reply 7
Original post by dcankaya
Hello,

Original post by ageshallnot
This thread was four years old when with your first ever post you reactivated it in 2014, to no effect. Now you have done so again 18 months later with your second ever post. Given that the person you are asking hasn't posted for a similar time, I don't think you are going to get a response!

And now closed...

Posted from TSR Mobile