The Student Room Group

Primary Early Years Education 2011 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by EmilyD3
Hey
I've applied for General Primary at Chester and Primary Education at Bangor, Edge Hill, Gloucestershire and LJMU. :smile:

I've got interviews at Edge Hill and Gloucestershire at the end of November.
Has anyone else applied to these universities?

Hey,

I've applied for early primary education at UWE, York St John, Chester, Edge Hill and Manchester Met. So i've got of the same as you (even though I'm doing early years!).
I got invited to the edge hill interview on the 24th november but I had to change it to the 5th January because I've got a UWE interview on the 24th november, which I'd already confirmed. I've not heard from chester yet though :/
Reply 21
Original post by Hannah124
Hey,

I've applied for early primary education at UWE, York St John, Chester, Edge Hill and Manchester Met. So i've got of the same as you (even though I'm doing early years!).
I got invited to the edge hill interview on the 24th november but I had to change it to the 5th January because I've got a UWE interview on the 24th november, which I'd already confirmed. I've not heard from chester yet though :/

Ahh okay :smile: which one is your first choice?
Ok, im quite excited! Have you started looking at educational issues? Ive been looking at the Times Educational Supplement but not sure what issues to pick if they ask in the interview lol.
and did the interview at edge hill mention an individual interview on yours because it doesnt on mine? it just says a group interview.
No I haven't heard from Chester either but apparently they are slower than other universities on replying so fingers crossed :smile:
For those of you who are applying for early years - I read on the TES forum that it's possible that the EYFS may be being scrapped to make way for more 'traditional' teaching methods. Not sure what you guys think of that!
Reply 23
Original post by EmilyD3
Hey
I've applied for General Primary at Chester and Primary Education at Bangor, Edge Hill, Gloucestershire and LJMU. :smile:

Heya
I was just wondering how long it took before you heard back from Gloucestershire
I have applied for Gloucestershire and Chester
Reply 24
Original post by gemimajam

Original post by gemimajam
Hey

I've applied for primary education at Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee.

When did you all submit your application?

Xxx

I'm applying to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Dundee and Stirling.
applying to Brighton, Nottingham trend, oxford brookes,Manchester met, and either Kingston or roehampton.

can anyone tell me the grade requirements for roehampton if anyone here is applying there
Reply 26
Original post by EmilyD3
Hey

Heya i was just wondering when you sent of your ucas application and how long it took for gloucestershire to get back to you?
I have also applied for chester and gloucestershire
Reply 27
I have applied for early years primary education at Northumbria, standard primary education at Oxford Brookes, York st. John and Worcester, and Primary Education with PE at Roehampton.
I've got interviews at Roehampton and Northumbria. Anybody know what sort of questions they are likely to ask?
Reply 28
Original post by Superstar6318
applying to Brighton, Nottingham trend, oxford brookes,Manchester met, and either Kingston or roehampton.

can anyone tell me the grade requirements for roehampton if anyone here is applying there

Roehampton says 300-360 points which is AAA-BBB, but I don't know if it is just in 3 subjects.
Reply 29
Original post by Cassie 01
Heya i was just wondering when you sent of your ucas application and how long it took for gloucestershire to get back to you?
I have also applied for chester and gloucestershire

Hey. I sent my ucas application off around the middle of october and gloucestershire replied about 2 weeks later. :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by EmilyD3
Ahh okay :smile: which one is your first choice?
Ok, im quite excited! Have you started looking at educational issues? Ive been looking at the Times Educational Supplement but not sure what issues to pick if they ask in the interview lol.
and did the interview at edge hill mention an individual interview on yours because it doesnt on mine? it just says a group interview.
No I haven't heard from Chester either but apparently they are slower than other universities on replying so fingers crossed :smile:

UWEs my first choice, tbh edge hill is pretty low down on my list. I've been on nursery world (cos I'm doing early years) and got various things from there but I've not got much yetm cos I will leave it to nearer the time.
I don't think they have individual interviews,just a group task I think.
I guess we'll be waiting for a whil for chester then :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by maria619
I'm applying to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Dundee and Stirling.

Have you heard from Dundee yet? I'm apply there for Primary Ed.
Reply 32
Hi Ive got an interview at UWE on the 24th Nov and I was just wondering if anyone else has an interview at UWE for primary education and if they had any ideas about their poster yet?
Thanks
Reply 33
Original post by Hannah124
UWEs my first choice, tbh edge hill is pretty low down on my list. I've been on nursery world (cos I'm doing early years) and got various things from there but I've not got much yetm cos I will leave it to nearer the time.
I don't think they have individual interviews,just a group task I think.
I guess we'll be waiting for a whil for chester then :frown:

Ahh right ok. Okay yeah ive got quite a few things but I hope they don't ask to talk about specific issues. Yep :/ i've had an email saying thanks for my application but thats it. Hopefully we'll hear soon :smile:
i'm applying for primary education at middlesex and oxford brookes, general primary at chester and education studies at bath-spa and UEA. have had a conditional from UEA but not heard anything else from the other universities. anyone applied to the same ones and heard anything? good luck to anyone who has interviews!
Reply 35
Original post by chazzehchaos
i'm applying for primary education at middlesex and oxford brookes, general primary at chester and education studies at bath-spa and UEA. have had a conditional from UEA but not heard anything else from the other universities. anyone applied to the same ones and heard anything? good luck to anyone who has interviews!

Hi

I have applied to Nottingham Trent, Birmingham City, Oxford Brookes, Canterbury and Sheffield Hallam for primary education with QTS.

I had a rejection from sheffield but interviews at the other 4.

Has anyone else applied to the same and got an interview?
Reply 36
Does anyone know if it is best to wear a suit to Primary interviews? Or are black trousers and a smart top and jacket okay? :smile: x
Reply 37
Original post by wozza2
Hi

I have applied to Nottingham Trent, Birmingham City, Oxford Brookes, Canterbury and Sheffield Hallam for primary education with QTS.

I had a rejection from sheffield but interviews at the other 4.

Has anyone else applied to the same and got an interview?

i have applied to nottingha trent but havent heard anything yet, whe did you send your application?
I've got an interview tomorrow at Camarthen Uni, then Gloucester on 27th, UWE on the 8th (because I couldn't attend the 24th and then Newport on 14th Dec. Still waiting for Bangor x
Original post by EmilyD3
Does anyone know if it is best to wear a suit to Primary interviews? Or are black trousers and a smart top and jacket okay? :smile: x

I've spoken to lots of people about this. You need to dress smart but in something that you feel comfortable in.

For instance, I'm wearing chino's and a jumper and wedges, because it's smart but young and it's what I would feel the most comfortable in.

Hope this sort of helps.

P.S Try not to wear what everyone else is wearing, you also need to stand out so they remember you! But you don't want to stand out for the wrong reasons! xx

Quick Reply

Latest