The Student Room Group

I Need help with unstructered interviews!!!

Hey, I'm new here, but I really needed help with this Sociology assignment:
Asses the usefulness of unstructered interviews, refer to education in context???

PLEASE, could some one help me. A model essay answer would really help me as I could use it to plan out my own essay. :smile:
Reply 1
Well what have you got so far?

We're not here to provide the answers :p:
Reply 2
Lol, I thought that is why there is a student room, for some one to provide the answers :biggrin:
But, I already know who favours unstructered interviews. Just need help with the etical, theoretical and practical advantages/disadvantages of unstructered interviews, basically I need help with writing an essay that refers to education in context...what does that mean...? I know...I'm asking a lot, but I just started Sociology so please help me :biggrin:
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 3
Not really sure about the education in context part, but I think you'll need to discuss the pros and cons of unstructured interviews?

Pros: -Gain detailed, qualitative data
-As questions aren't pre planned, you can expand and ask further questions on something the participant said that may be of interest
-A certain point/topic may come up that the researcher hadn't previously though of
- Participants can give detailed answers/reasons for their answers and explain themselves

Cons: -Time consuming
-Need a skilled interviewer
-Interviewer presence may influence answers

Depending on the "eduation" topic being researched, it ma cause participant emotional distress e.g bullying in school or lack of educational success?

:s hope this has helped a bit, not really sure on the education bit, sorry!
Reply 4
Well, thank you for your help, seriously, this has helped me quite a bit, but does anyone else know about referring education in context to unstructered interviews...?
Boone_007
Well, thank you for your help, seriously, this has helped me quite a bit, but does anyone else know about referring education in context to unstructered interviews...?

It means use examples (sociological research), relating to education, to support your argument :smile:
Reply 6
Well thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending