Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pit worker totally owned by margaret thatcher

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    the labour party did
    Are we ignoring everything pre-97 now are we?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Classic, no matter what you think about thatcher policy wise, she could certain teach todays politicians a thing or two about growing a pair.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Are we ignoring everything pre-97 now are we?
    No, im going from experience and not a graph that someones made up.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    is she dead?

I have party hats to pass out!

Aww well cant be long now tick tock, thatcher, tick tock
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanna1010)
    You could say the same about Hitler, he was just a person with feelings whether or not you agree with his politics, but alot of people were happy when he died.
    Hitler killed people, so it's a bit different.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Who racked up the credit card again?
    I expect the spike in the mid-90's was because of the recession of 1992. Other than that it looks about even. The financial crisis started in America and has affected countries across Europe. Governments are largely powerless in the face of economic forces and cannot really be blamed, I don't think.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Killing people is not line. What she done was shocking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as someone who knows nothing of politics, where do you think Britain would be now if Thatcher had never been in power?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Who racked up the credit card again?
    Wow, that's a very instructive graph. I wish I could find these things as easily as you seem to!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best peace time PM of all time

The left are just sore because they lost, nationally and internationally, in the 80's and still haven’t recovered
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Pit worker totally owned by margaret thatcher"

To be quite honest, they all were in the end :p:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Sure, but Hitler and Thatcher were both utterly conceited and utterly indifferent to the suffering their policies would inflict, in that respect they're not too different. Thatcher also, interestingly, had a soft spot for Chilean fascist dictator Augusto Pinochet. Just sayin'
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Sure, but Hitler and Thatcher were both utterly conceited and utterly indifferent to the suffering their policies would inflict, in that respect they're not too different. Thatcher also, interestingly, had a soft spot for Chilean fascist dictator Augusto Pinochet. Just sayin'
    "One must think from head, not heart because love is weakness." - Her Majesty the Queen.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Isn't she dead yet? I've got a whisky on standby to celebrate when that force of evil journeys into hell.
    Given that you probably weren't even born when she was PM what is your beef with her?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Thatcher believed her politics were for the eventual benefit of all, Hitler intentionally killed groups of people
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlejumper)
    Given that you probably weren't even born when she was PM what is your beef with her?
    Ha ha. I left school in 1983, I was right there when it all happened.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    I disagree that Thatcher caused unnecessary suffering and was indifferent to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Ha ha. I left school in 1983, I was right there when it all happened.
    The pit strike I assume? How did it affect you?

And remember that I come from a family of pit workers and had several uncles who were made redundant and who would kick your head in if you suggested reopening the pits.

and for anyone else who thinks that mines are a good idea then I have one word for you - Chile.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renner)
    Thatcher believed her politics were for the eventual benefit of all, Hitler intentionally killed groups of people
    No, she didn't believe that at all. She was a self-consciously middle-class snob and it was that section of society which might have been called the 'well to do' she was pandering to. Thatcher hated working class people who didn't aspire to take on the airs and graces of those 'above them', she hated working-class culture and working-class power. And everything else I said still stands - she was utterly conceited and utterly indifferent to the suffering she caused, indeed I think she probably enjoyed crushing thousands of mining families' livelihoods.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah Maggie.

Best leader this country has had in the last 50 years, utterly without parallel.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2010
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.