The Student Room Group

I have no idea how my austrian qualifications compare to A-levels

I am applying for PPE at competitive unis (warwick, york, durham, east anglia; also to oxford, although my chances a tiny) for the 2006 entry. Although I have a dual nationality (Austrian/British). I don't really know how my predicted grades compare to others applying to the same courses.

Currently I have 16 subjects and I take my final exam in 6 of them. My Predicted grades are five 1's and a 2. (that's sort of equivalent to A's and a B). The last grades I got (june 2005) where 10 1's, 3 2's, and 3 3's. My personal statement is finished and i have done loads of extra-curricular stuff (head boy, MEP (that like model UN), a austrian version of young enterprise...)

I'm only really aware of the grades needed for Oxford, could someone tell me what exactly the main grades are at the other unis I am applying for?

Thanks a lot and cheers,
Reply 1
If it doesn't say on their website email/phone admissions officer. That is the only way to find out really.
Reply 2
i am austrian/british as well and applying for english uni, when you manage to archieve a Matura with "ausgezeichnetem Erfolg" and get like 5 1s and a 2 you will probably meet the standard offers of AAA AAB everywhere. ( I got a Matura with 5 1s and a 3 and I am only applying for the top 10 unis now).
I also applied last year but I didn t get into the uni I wanted so I decided to apply again. But some of the offers I got last year were just a Matura with 2 = a "guter Erfolg". (SOAS;Birmingham and Queen Mary London) gave me this offer. Manchester wanted a Matura with 1 = ausgezeichneter Erfolg.
Did that help?

Don t forged to send your oxford app so it arrives on the 15th.
Reply 3
thanks a lot. Yes I'm sending my oxford form tomorrow and my ucas form on wednesday. So it seems like we have approx. the same grades, now I'm feeling a little more confident.

Latest