The Student Room Group
Reply 1
rawrheart
Which university is the best university for graphic design?

Is Nottingham Trent, Norwick University College of Arts, Brighton, University of Arts London (CSM or LCC) any good?

I been reading posts and CSM seems good however, I read there entry requirements and they are low.

CSM is the very best, dont read ANYTHING into entry requirements. They basically only judge candidates on interviews. I'm applying to them also, and im doubtful that i'll get it. It is THE most prestigious design college in the UK.

They don't judge on grades...
Only you previous work (portfolio) and interview.

Hope this helps!
Maybe ill see you there!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
There is no 'best' university for graphic design... it's all down to you and how passionate you are, this will determine whether you're successful or not.

Saying that, there are some good universities that seem to have many successful graduates year after year, and having a good name on your cv can sometimes help you along a little, look at:

LCC, CSM, Falmouth, Brighton, possibly Ravensbourne.
Reply 3
rawrheart
:mad: Which university is the best university for graphic design?

Is Nottingham Trent, Norwick University College of Arts, Brighton, University of Arts London (CSM or LCC) any good?

I been reading posts and CSM seems good however, I read there entry requirements and they are low.

Basically all art and design courses have low entry requirements because they only care about your portfolio. Why would they care that you got an A in history or whatever if you're completely uncreative?

Technically, I would say the "best" graphics course is Brighton, well they currently have the best reputation anyway. They were also the only course to reject people on my foundation, these people were top students as well. UAL also have a good reputation, but I've also heard a lot of not so good things about them, I don't know how much truth there is to it though.

Having said that. There are a lot of other good graphics courses, honestly, it doesn't really matter too much where you go. Employers in creative areas seriously don't care where you studied, another case of it being all about your portfolio. It's not about league tables/reputation, it's about which uni will help you create the best portfolio, which won't necessarily be the one with the "best" reputation.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest