The Student Room Group

25% of Junior Doctors Leave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Renal
I love it. I really enjoy the pressure and the demands; the intellectual, the practical and the emotional. I love the pace. I love not knowing what I'll be seeing next. I love the atmosphere in the department. I really love looking forward to going to work.

But, all the **** things I listed earlier, I took (and continue to take) great pride in not just being able to do them, but to be able to do them well, under pressure and with compassion.

EDIT: Having said that, I have allowed this job to destroy my social life and it's straining my relationships, I seriously need to improve my work life balance.

or maybe all that is just the fact that you work in Emergency and Trauma and the like? you must have colleagues who have gone down other paths, do you reckon they have got it better than you or not. I realise from what youve said, it really is what you make of it at the end of the day, if we are talking about pay though I seem to remember you saying once that a barmans job was, better paid :tongue:
Reply 161
Original post by clad in armour
or maybe all that is just the fact that you work in Emergency and Trauma and the like? you must have colleagues who have gone down other paths, do you reckon they have got it better than you or not. I realise from what youve said, it really is what you make of it at the end of the day, if we are talking about pay though I seem to remember you saying once that a barmans job was, better paid :tongue:
When I was house officer, I was being paid less, per hour, than I was when I was a barman at the student union - the perks were better too and the hours were more flexible.

Maybe it is because I'm working in a job that I enjoy, but I've felt generally fulfilled by all the jobs I've done, even the ones I wasn't interested in and didn't really enjoy.

Do I reckon that my colleagues in other jobs have it better? Maybe. In lots of tangible ways - hours, per hour pay, rotas, accommodation, mess quality, etc. - my job is worse than others. But surely it's all about satisfaction at the end of the day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending