The Student Room Group

GCSE, A level and Uni PROBLEM? Please help!

Hi,

I'm currently on a gap year trying to sort out my future and my application to uni. My situation is I am at a sort of impasse as to what to do?
At GCSE I studied terribly, putting hardly any effort in which I regret unbelievably now, I got AAABBBCCCC. The same effort went into college until my A2 year when I finally matured enough to realise I want to do something productive with my life, I took History, Law, and Sociology, and finished with A*A* and an A in sociology, and i am retaking a module in January to try and boost this to an A*. What I am not sure with is will my GCSE's hold me back into applying and obtaining a place at a good uni at say St.Andrews or Kings College? I have looked into retaking some GCSE's but apparently the only time i can take GCSE's is June 2011, after that it is something called IGCSE's which are purely exam based, and i am wondering whether or not to take them in 2012. Equally i am unsure as to whether taking 2 more A levels could boost my application, and these I think would be in Economics and Maths. I'm 18 years old and have just finished college this summer? Does anyone have any knowledge or advice they could share to help me with my predicament?
Thanks very much!

Latest

Trending

Trending