Birmingham
Visit website

Quiet People

Scroll to see replies

Jimbo1234
denial [dɪˈnaɪəl]
n
1. a refusal to agree or comply with a statement; contradiction
2. (Philosophy) the rejection of the truth of a proposition, doctrine, etc. a denial of God's existence
3. a negative reply; rejection of a request
4. a refusal to acknowledge; renunciation; disavowal a denial of one's leader
5. (Psychology) a psychological process by which painful truths are not admitted into an individual's consciousness See also defence mechanism
6. abstinence; self-denial

Sure thing.:biggrin:

Again, why even bother trying to wind me up? Also again I say you're very childish ("Haha I won" is basically what you're trying to say). Grow up ****. I acknowledged what you've said and I agreed by saying that some people may find quiet people boring, some may not. You're the one in denial if you think it's not a personal opinion based thing.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 101
lilac55
oooohh which floor? :smile:

7 :yep:
Reply 102
I'm B1 floor 9, I want a quiet people's meet! Any one interested in setting one up? :smile:
You need another TSR Aston meetup, I really enjoyed those back in the day!
Me too - what I would give for a Handmade burger!
FireDeuce
Me too - what I would give for a Handmade burger!

I'll get straight on it when we're back in uni then! Handmade burger...mmm!
I've only been back once since I moved back to Brum a month ago, quite restrained really!
Hey I'm new to the TSR forums
I'm a quiet person too (until people get to know me & I'm comfortable discussing giving my opinion on heavy subjects to them-then I can talk forever! =D)
I live in B2 if anyone's interested in stalking ;D
I'm in B1 and am probably an introvert :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by Jimbo1234
denial [d??na??l]
n
1. a refusal to agree or comply with a statement; contradiction
2. (Philosophy) the rejection of the truth of a proposition, doctrine, etc. a denial of God's existence
3. a negative reply; rejection of a request
4. a refusal to acknowledge; renunciation; disavowal a denial of one's leader
5. (Psychology) a psychological process by which painful truths are not admitted into an individual's consciousness See also defence mechanism
6. abstinence; self-denial

Sure thing.:biggrin:

Are you really this arrogant in real life? Grow up.
Original post by stardustfactory
Where are you all?
Where are all the people that would rather stay in with a cocoa!
Or listen to rock/punk music!
or discuss science or serious issues
or like stuff that isn't mainstream!
:woo: :eek3: :eek3:

I'm finding it ever so difficult to make friends here.:frown:

I'm a fairly quiet person.I am more into soft rock/some metal and I like having a good debate or two but I'm not too sciency geared. :biggrin: And I like having a chat about not to serious things too.Everything in moderation as my dad says.
Original post by stardustfactory
Where are you all?
Where are all the people that would rather stay in with a cocoa!
Or listen to rock/punk music!
or discuss science or serious issues
or like stuff that isn't mainstream!
:woo: :eek3: :eek3:

I'm finding it ever so difficult to make friends here.:frown:

That's me! :biggrin:

Although I am not at Uni...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Caston_
Are you really this arrogant in real life? Grow up.

Arrogant rather then being right because?
How about you grow up and face the truth or is that too hard for you as living in your little bubble of denial is easier? :rolleyes:
Reply 113
I'm not going to argue with you over this petty topic.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Reply 114
hi to all the quiet people at aston, I am the same as you guys I'd rather just get together with a group of friends in a nice place somewhere to just hang out and talk even if it was just in someone's kitchen for example rather than spend loads of money in a club dancing with people you wont even remember the next day lol. I know im a little late to this thread but Im also at aston, in my first year studying english language and living at home and struggling to make friends, hopefully via this thread I can meet other quiet like minded people. Feel free to PM me if you want some1 to just talk to about anything or just to hang out with. :smile: :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest