The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have not studied it, but I am looking to and these are some of the ones I am interested in: Edinburgh, Birmingham, Aston, Essex, Durham, Leeds and Nottingham.
Reply 2
same here.
well maybe also St Andrews but, I guess, I'd prefer to study in England
Reply 3
shutthedoor
same here.
well maybe also St Andrews but, I guess, I'd prefer to study in England

Well LSE & St Andrews are the best, but both require excellent grades. Aberdeen & Aberystwyth ask for lower grades mainly due to location but stil have good departments. Birmingham has a good department and Nottingham has a 4 year course worth looking at if you have good grades.
Reply 4
I'm also applying to international relations degrees. You can see all my choices in my signature. My first two choices are Bath or Aston. What do you think is best for International relations? I'm really undecided between the two.
I'm particularly interested in the placement year: it's one of the main reason I'm applying to england universities (I'm Italian and we don't have work placement year or "sandwich" courses/degrees in Italy).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
wait wait, does Bath have a sandwich degree program?
I want do attend 4 years program with a year abroad ... there's no difference to me, to have 4 years at the uni in my country or 4 years in the UK with 1 year somewhere. well UK would be more exciting :biggrin: and uni's there are much much better than in my country sooo....
I also really want to do something with languages, idk, like Int. Relations + Italian/Spanish or something like that :smile: I think not every university suggests programs like that :frown:
p.s. from your choices Uni of Bath sounds the nicest to me...:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
shutthedoor
wait wait, does Bath have a sandwich degree program?
I want do attend 4 years program with a year abroad ... there's no difference to me, to have 4 years at the uni in my country or 4 years in the UK with 1 year somewhere. well UK would be more exciting :biggrin: and uni's there are much much better than in my country sooo....
I also really want to do something with languages, idk, like Int. Relations + Italian/Spanish or something like that :smile: I think not every university suggests programs like that :frown:
p.s. from your choices Uni of Bath sounds the nicest to me...:smile:

yeah, they have a sandwich program for politics with International Relations:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/catalogues/2010-2011/eu/UHEU-AKB29.htm

You can also study a lot of different languages as electives/optional subjects.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
hm, well true about languages...:smile:

but as I understood in this program in the year 3 you have to work in the UK, right? (sorry for dumb questions)
I wanna do work placement abroad or go abroad to study in the 3rd year (I have plans about improving language etc hehehe )
Reply 8
shutthedoor
hm, well true about languages...:smile:

but as I understood in this program in the year 3 you have to work in the UK, right? (sorry for dumb questions)
I wanna do work placement abroad or go abroad to study in the 3rd year (I have plans about improving language etc hehehe )

Yes, In the uk or abroad depending on what placement you get. This is the description they give for the year 3:

A work placement of 40 weeks duration in a public, non-governmental or commercial agency, in the UK or abroad, approved by the Faculty Placements Officer. Students will be required to submit interim and final reports on their experience.

So yeah, you have to work in UK or abroad. I too would like to do a placement abroad (outside UK).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Uh, thanks, I just skimmed quickly so I didn't notice:blushing:

Latest

Trending

Trending