The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I guess it varies, I was allowed to drive home on my first lesson but only because it was very quiet country roads and pretty much straight all the way so it wasn't much different to any driving I would have done in the lesson, but if your home isn't like this then it will be different.
Reply 21
The Cornerstone
You're either very good or your instructor is a real daredevil.

Well, on my first lesson I was using the handbrake instead of gear, free-rolling around corners i.e. using the clutch, using the brake with my left-foot, releasing the clutch too slowly hence hesitating, driving far too much on the RH-side, when i'm meant to be on the left...

...and second lesson, I barely made a mistake. :teeth:
Reply 22
As said, this is right. You're paying for her time, not for your driving time.
I started driving to and from my house from the very first lesson! But then the roads where I live are all pretty quiet anyway.
Reply 24
-beads-
I drove home on my second lesson? :erm:

I did too, I thought that was normal.
-beads-

You must be a talented driver then! :yep:
Reply 26
I drove home on my first lesson. It was kinda scary, especially going up to 60mph!
Reply 27
I drove home on my first one hour lesson, just to make you feel bad :smile:
Reply 28
-beads-

I drove home on my third...:dontknow:
-beads-
Well, on my first lesson I was using the handbrake instead of gear, free-rolling around corners i.e. using the clutch, using the brake with my left-foot, releasing the clutch too slowly hence hesitating, driving far too much on the RH-side, when i'm meant to be on the left...

...and second lesson, I barely made a mistake. :teeth:

What the hell happened in between those lesson?!! :lolwut:
Reply 30
The Cornerstone
What the hell happened in between those lesson?!! :lolwut:

I went home, wrote notes, gained more confidence and actually knew what to do this time! :woo:
OP, do you have to be collected at your house? I agree with the others you'll be driving for the whole lesson soon enough anyway, but if you really want to make the the most of the full 90 minutes in the meantime, could you meet her at the place where you start driving? I used to meet my instructor at a train station and we'd go from there. Then I'd stop there at the end of the lesson and make my way home.
Before when I was having free lessons with my uncle, he was driving me home because I live quite some distance from him, so I had to make my own way back on public transport :colonhash:. Now that I have a new instructor in my own town, and I have experience behind me, I hope I can drive myself home soon :teeth:

Latest