The Student Room Group

Cardinal Vaughan or St Dom's?

My target grades are quite average, a's, a*'s in sciences, b's in english.
You only have a chance of getting into a sixth form if you put them first choice? I'm worried about putting Cardinal Vaughan as my first choice because there's so little chance of me getting in, and then an impossible chance of getting into St Dom's.
My mum thinks its better to put the vaughan at first choice because the only way I'll get in is by trying... blahh.
WHAT TO DO? ffs. :woo:

Scroll to see replies

vaughan
Original post by Deena-Ribena
You only have a chance of getting into a sixth form if you put them first choice? I'm worried about putting Cardinal Vaughan as my first choice because there's so little chance of me getting in, and then an impossible chance of getting into St Dom's.
My mum thinks its better to put the vaughan at first choice because the only way I'll get in is by trying... blahh.

Isn't it an all boy's school/college?
Reply 3
Nope, its a mixed sixth form college.
Vaughan. Mothertruckers rejected me though I got into Greycoats so whatevahhh.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Vaughan. Mothertruckers rejected me though I got into Greycoats so whatevahhh.

GRRR! What were your predicted grades? Why did they reject you :frown:
So some schools accept you even if they're not your first choice?
GRRR! What were your predicted grades? Why did they reject you :frown:
So some schools accept you even if they're not your first choice?

Straight As and A*s I imagine, that was about 5 year ago though lol.
Reply 7
Go Cardinal Vaughan
Reply 8
Cardinal Vaughan oh I remember them. 11+ entry, I got the highest result in the exam but they rejected me for not being Catholic enough. Kiddy fiddlers :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9

Look i went to St. Dominics' sixth form college. It was really good, and with respect to admissions, if you have A's and A*'s your probably going to be admitted, especially if you come across as hard working and focused in your interview.
The chances soar if your a catholic who can get a preists reccomendation!
St.Doms is lienient with admissions, but eveyone seems to think its impossible to get it!
I would say if your not catholic, go for St. Dominics as your first choice, as they are less focused on religion.... but its DEFINATELY a help if you are!
Good luck and God bless!
Reply 10
How can you order your choices of sixth form, i thought that you just simply apply to all the ones you want and don't have to order them priority wise?
Original post by sango
Cardinal Vaughan oh I remember them. 11+ entry, I got the highest result in the exam but they rejected me for not being Catholic enough. Kiddy fiddlers :colonhash:

:rofl:

Were you not baptised in the 6 months after your birth?

Their admissions policy is INSANE.
Reply 12
:rofl:

Were you not baptised in the 6 months after your birth?

Their admissions policy is INSANE.

Oh no. It was because at the interview I couldn't for the life of me tell them what a tabernacle was or recite the antiphon of faith. I remeber being in tears afterwards and my Dad was livid because I had messed up my interview with London Oratory as well. Tbh seven years I am now glad I didn't go there. I am normal human being and quite frankly going to any one of those schools would have turned me into some flimsy twirp.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sango
Oh no. It was because at the interview I couldn't for the life of me tell them what a tabernacle was or recite the antiphon of faith. I remeber being in tears afterwards and my Dad was livid because I had messed up my interview with London Oratory as well. Tbh seven years I am now glad I didn't go there. I am normal human being and quite frankly going to any one of those schools would have turned me into some flimsy twirp.

I had a sixth form interview there, conducted in French. :nothing:

What school did you end up at?
Reply 14
I had a sixth form interview there, conducted in French. :nothing:
What school did you end up at?

In French? What the motherf- why would they do that to you? Anyways I ended up at Whitgift which is in South Croydon.
Reply 15
I was going to apply there but my chances were slim/zero (I'm Agnostic) :mmm:

Go for Cardinal Vaughan
Original post by sango

You what?

Some devout Catholics I know wouldn't be able to answer them. :lolwut:
Reply 17
Ahahaaa,
I'm catholic and can probably get a priest reference (I barely go to church but the priest knows me through confirmation and stuff)
Also, can anyone confirm with me when you have to order your choices? is it after your placement is confirmed? or do you choose and hope you've gotten into your first choice? :\
Reply 18
Deeeenaaaa !
Guess who ?? :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by miike183
Deeeenaaaa !
Guess who ?? :wink:

I wish I could press like on this site... hahaha ;D x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending