The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by jessyfantastic90
Did anyone here actually like Gran Tirinio?

Not much. It's certainly not a classic. Only really watched it for Clint being a grumpy sod, lol.
Original post by noggins
Not much. It's certainly not a classic. Only really watched it for Clint being a grumpy sod, lol.

Thats what I thought. Lol , I also found it highly unrealistic that an old man would be able to beat up all those gangs. He was so miserable and the singing at the end was AWFUL.

I really should watch more classics =D.
16 / 250
That's probably the lowest so far :ashamed:
I've just gone on a shopping spree on itunes/Amazon so should have another 10/15 of those watched in the next few weeks.

:biggrin: Will be brilliant.
Godfather 1 & 2 will be watched soon. Not sure what should follow afterwards
Reply 146

:biggrin:
Reply 147
Original post by Normandy114

Original post by Normandy114
Godfather 1 & 2 will be watched soon. Not sure what should follow afterwards

Looking at your list, if you like them and want more of the same then go for Goodfellas.
Reply 148

Pretty good total. I bought a book bought a year back '1001 movies to watch before you die' and have been adding them systematically to my Love Film which has helped my total no end I imagine.

The list of 250 never fails to surprise me though - Star Trek 2009 and no Wrath of Khan? How to Train Your Dragon above Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc.? Heh.

As a fan of French New Wave it's good to see 8 1/2 and 400 Blows in there, but very disappointing not to see Breathless or ANY Godard in there for that matter. Nor Haneke! Trois Couleurs Bleu/Rouge seem to be gaping omissions aswell...ho hum. It's very easy to get carried away musing over it, and probably totally pointless
Put me in second place baby

Really frustrating as I have started watching at least 5 or 6 of those films and stopped watching partway through for whatever reason (i didnt count them)

And on top of that i have at least 15-20 of them on my pc ready to watch.

I think what let me down in the number of modern animated films which i have no interest in.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 150

And quite a few of the others are in my 'to watch next' list, so that number should climb steadily. :moon:
Original post by Vekeh

Hm, figured it would be lower.

Original post by ArtGoblin

I'm making my way through the AFI list so that definitely helped boost my score. I'm going on Amazon to buy lots of DVDs now because there's so many films on that list that I should have seen.

Original post by Roobsa
Went through the list today and am up to 98. Link in sig.

Original post by Emmie3303

I really should watch more classics =D.

Original post by jordz

:biggrin:

Original post by hogso

Pretty good total. I bought a book bought a year back '1001 movies to watch before you die' and have been adding them systematically to my Love Film which has helped my total no end I imagine.

The list of 250 never fails to surprise me though - Star Trek 2009 and no Wrath of Khan? How to Train Your Dragon above Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc.? Heh.

As a fan of French New Wave it's good to see 8 1/2 and 400 Blows in there, but very disappointing not to see Breathless or ANY Godard in there for that matter. Nor Haneke! Trois Couleurs Bleu/Rouge seem to be gaping omissions aswell...ho hum. It's very easy to get carried away musing over it, and probably totally pointless

Original post by Clubber Lang
Put me in second place baby

Really frustrating as I have started watching at least 5 or 6 of those films and stopped watching partway through for whatever reason (i didnt count them)

And on top of that i have at least 15-20 of them on my pc ready to watch.

I think what let me down in the number of modern animated films which i have no interest in.

Original post by JessicaW

And quite a few of the others are in my 'to watch next' list, so that number should climb steadily. :moon:

Updated! :smile:
The images are very small. It's quite hard to make them out.

Reply 153
Reply 154

I thought it would have been more. But 13 of the top 15 I've seen. And there's some that I've seen parts of but I didn't count them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 155
77/250. I've not seen too many classics....
Reply 156
I'm on 141. Half the ones of missed are kids films like Toy Story and Wall-e so I hardly think they count

Not bad, not bad.
:awesome:
Ahh I'm already trying to make my way through that "1,001 films you must see before you die" book! This will add another ~100 to my list :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending