The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

I have to say I'm disappointed that documentaries aren't included in the IMDB 250.
Reply 161
I need to make it >100 before the year is out.
Reply 164
Last year I had a lot of free time and I mostly read novels and watched movies. So guess what :smile: mine are 203
Original post by py0alb
I'm on 141. Half the ones of missed are kids films like Toy Story and Wall-e so I hardly think they count

Wall-E is no kids' film! It's an essential criticism of the times in which we live. Plus it has these really cute robots and stuff.

Original post by Phalanges
I have to say I'm disappointed that documentaries aren't included in the IMDB 250.

I was going to say 'The Cove', but then I saw you sig and realised it was you :p:

Not last :cool:
Reply 167
Original post by Jace Falco
I was going to say 'The Cove', but then I saw you sig and realised it was you :p:

As much as I support The Cove, better documentaries have been made. I'm absolutely dying to see Restrepo and I hope it lives up to how the trailer portrays it. Anyway, I digress off topic.
Original post by Jace Falco

:p:

The Cove is a really well put together film, deserves it's place on there.

So too do films such as Roger & Me (Moore's best work, in my opinion), An Inconvenient Truth, Bloody Sunday (although whether TV films deserve to be on the list is another matter), Man on Wire, Thin Blue Line (which should be on any list of great films, just for showing the power of cinema), Hoop Dreams (little known fact about Hoop Dreams - despite coming out in one of the best years for films [1994 - with Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump] it was on more critics' top ten lists that year than any other film), and I'm sure there's more....

It really is very sad that documentaries are just excluded from this list.
Sorry, but where is Watership Down on that list?

That is perhaps one of the greatest films... Toy Story 3 was excellent, but Watership Down is epic amazingness.
Well I didn't do the stupid tick every film thing but according to the IMDB filter:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?groups=top_250&sort=user_rating&my_ratings=exclude

I haven't seen 110 titles
So that means I have seen 140 :biggrin:

And to be honest there are no others no that list I want to see.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 171
56 for me :smile: Pretty shabby for a Film Studies student but, oh well!
Seen about 90 I think. That list does not conform on the whole to my tastes however.

I don't get enough time to watch movies these days :emo:

I don't think I've actually posted in this society before, so 'hey' everyone. :smile:

Woow that list brought back memories! (And put me in a movie-marathon-mood)

There's quite a few I'd still like to watch on there, but also tons that I damn well hated. (Star Wars. I'm sorry, but NO, and this is coming from a fantasy/sci-fi nerd!)
I'm mentally compiling a list of better candidates!

Anybody else notice that the IMDB's actual 250 are different to those of 250films.net? :s-smilie:

Seems a shame that '2046' isn't on there, IMHO.

Original post by Phalanges

Gotta agree!
I've only recently been appreciating them fully, but there's a couple I would definitely choose over some of the films in that list.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 174
Inception 4th...?

I counted 80. I'll make one of those green things another day.
Reply 176
Original post by HumorousGent.
Inception 4th...?

I counted 80. I'll make one of those green things another day.

Dark Knight was #2 in 2008 :s-smilie:
Original post by noggins
Dark Knight was #2 in 2008 :s-smilie:

Deary me. Hopefully it will go down with time (although I think more recent films have an inherent advantage in internet leaderboads, damn them)
I bet I'm one of the few to have watched On the Waterfront. :awesome:

I cba joining, but I was around 60.

Also, there are some dodgy films on that list. Inception at 4? Ratatouille? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest