The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Webmail settings

I've found various settings online for setting up webmail to come through with different email clients (e.g. outlook, thunderbird) but none seem to work.

I'm hoping to get email at least in outlook but preferably also on my phone, but can't work out the settings.

POP3/IMAP/Exchange Activesync?
Email address? Would that be my name e.g. [email protected] or [email protected]?
Server Address?
Server ports if needed?
Domain? (If exchange activesync?)
Username? jghesgu or [email protected]?
Requires SSL?

Has anyone got it working? If so, how?

Thanks
Reply 1
I have an exchange server set up in outlook 2007, but on my girlfriend's computer in outlook 2003 I couldn't get that setup so had to use POP3.

On my phone I use the following settings which work great:
Server: m.outlook.com
Username: ******@live.warwick.ac.uk
Domain:live.warwick.ac.uk
Use SSL: Yes
They are the only settings I have and they work fine.

For setting up stuff in outlook, if you have outlook 2007 it should be pretty simple, as when I did it it detected all the settings for me. You set the server to something like outlook.com or mailbox.outlook.com and it should auto detect the rest. (Although to be honest I can't remember exactly what I did). If you have anything else and have to use POP3, the you will find the server settings for that in the Web Outlook. Click on the blue question mark near the top right corner, then about, and then find the POP3 and SMTP server settings with ports and encryption settings on that page.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
How can i do to forward my @warwick.ac.uk emails to my gmail account?

Please explain with details because I'm quite bad with this kind of techniques lol.

Thanks
Reply 3
destination unknown
How can i do to forward my @warwick.ac.uk emails to my gmail account?

Please explain with details because I'm quite bad with this kind of techniques lol.

Thanks

In Web Outlook click on options in the toobar at the top, then Organise E-mail on the left hand side, and then the Inbox Rules tab. Click on new, and select "apply to all messages" in the first box, then "redirect" in the second and type in your gmail address in the "Message To" box at the bottom of the page that pops up. Then click save and you are all done.
Reply 4
Wraggy
I have an exchange server set up in outlook 2007, but on my girlfriend's computer in outlook 2003 I couldn't get that setup so had to use POP3.

On my phone I use the following settings which work great:
Server: m.outlook.com
Username: ******@live.warwick.ac.uk
Domain:live.warwick.ac.uk
Use SSL: Yes
They are the only settings I have and they work fine.

For setting up stuff in outlook, if you have outlook 2007 it should be pretty simple, as when I did it it detected all the settings for me. You set the server to something like outlook.com or mailbox.outlook.com and it should auto detect the rest. (Although to be honest I can't remember exactly what I did). If you have anything else and have to use POP3, the you will find the server settings for that in the Web Outlook. Click on the blue question mark near the top right corner, then about, and then find the POP3 and SMTP server settings with ports and encryption settings on that page.

Thank you for the help :smile:
I've got it working on my phone at the moment but cant find the settings for POP3/SMTP and when I just put that server into outlook it comes up with an error that im not connected to the internet, which i am :/

Latest

Trending

Trending