The Student Room Group

Need advice on Gap year vs Uni 2nd year desperately.

I'm on the second year of a course which i'm not enjoying(which is journalism and PR, it is mainly the PR i do not enjoy), I find my main passion is music, and i have a chance of getting onto the course i enjoy providing i work hard at my instrument and make an good ucas application, i definately want to apply for this, however should i drop out/defer my second year of uni now and just work hard on my instrument or continue my second year and work on my instrument at the same time? My main worries are funding as i would have to pay for the extra tuition in the future as well as my finance not being provided for one year if I get onto the course. Also theres a question of not even getting a place on the course i want so it could be a waste taking a gap year, and my family has money problems so the funding from my grant could help me a lot but I would have to work hard on the second year of a course i dont want to contiue? People have been telling me to continue as that its not imperative that I enjoy doing a university course but I dunno if this is true as I just feel **** when I think about doing my current course. I hope this makes sense, I would be grateful for any advice,as i have been turning this situation over in my head for the past 2 weeks. Ask if any clarification is needed.

Latest

Trending

Trending