The Student Room Group

Bellow C grade in maths :/

Hi, new here. I am hoping to study computer science at either the University of Brighton, Northubria or Hertfordshire. All of which require a C in maths at GCSE. As I was suffering from some anoying medical condition at the time I sat the GCSE I wasn't in any of the classes so did very badly in that exam.

I hope to retake this GCSE, but also hope to send my UCAS of fairly soon if I were to mention that I plan to retake this in my personal statement do you think they'd even consider me?or should I wait until I have this grade which might not be till clearing :s-smilie:
Reply 1
It would be better to get it mentioned in your reference, rather than your personal statement. Your PS is to display your qualities and commitment, not to cover for previous events.

But yes, definitely apply. CompSci is much more mathsy than you may think though.
Reply 2
Show you're resitting it on UCAS. Get your referee to write about it too.
Reply 3
similar situation here :/
also planning to apply to hertfordshire xD
Reply 4
Thanks for the quick reply,I shall ask tutor who's writing my reference to mention this:smile: Just so anxious that I might have to wait till clearing or worse have to wait till 2012 just cause of that one ***** GCSE:L
Reply 5
in b4 spelling nazis
tmonk
It would be better to get it mentioned in your reference, rather than your personal statement. Your PS is to display your qualities and commitment, not to cover for previous events.

But yes, definitely apply. CompSci is much more mathsy than you may think though.

Yeah- get your referee to write about it. You can mention it in your personal statement though- write about the medical condition etc. Hopefully you should be fine.
Reply 7
FF-
similar situation here :/
also planning to apply to hertfordshire xD

Oh well good luck and in that case I can sympathize with you:smile: what you wanting to study?
Reply 8
computer science also :biggrin: where else you planning to apply to ?
Reply 9
FF-
computer science also :biggrin: where else you planning to apply to ?

Right now those are the only 3 that have stood out to me Northumbria,Brighton and Hertfordshire:/ weird selection I know! you?
I would learn to spell first before doing anything.
bellow?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending