The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Break up with him.

Without a doubt.

Dump that bastard.

Seriously, imagine them kissing, let it make you nauseous, feel the anger. Do you want to stay with some knob who kept this from you for three months, and would never have told you had she not come and told you? Is that how you want him to think he can treat you? If you tolerate this, he's going to think he can get away with more. He broke a boundary and he needs to be taught a lesson.

Even if you break up with him just to teach him a lesson, and then when he has suffered sufficiently, take him back, if you think you can get over it, but seriously, he cannot be given the message that **** like this will go unpunished. Don't be a pussy. You may love him but if he loved you, really loved you, he wouldn't have kissed someone else and if he had 'by accident', he wouldn't have kept it from you for 3 months. DISHONEST DISHONEST DISHONEST.

Good luck.
Reply 21
People don't change. They can appear to, but the possibility of it happening again will ALWAYS be around.
i thinky ou should give him one more chance.. and make it clear it is ONE. people make mistakes, they're human... i can really understand how betrayed you must feel and i dont think you're overreacting, but if you really like/love him, you should probablly forgive... but don't forget.
If my girlfriend kissed another boy, just once, it'd be over.
Reply 24
I always said, if he ever cheated it'd be over STRAIGHT AWAY. It's kinda different when it happens. A lot harder than you expect.
thats stupid, he clearly doesnt deserve you
I believe that cheating can be an accident, however the jealously and betrayal would overwhelm me too much and eventually consume me :-/
Reply 27
Anonymous
I believe that cheating can be an accident, however the jealously and betrayal would overwhelm me too much and eventually consume me :-/

This is what I think may happen to me.
Reply 28
Anonymous
Okay so, I know I'm overeacting but the guy I'm with kissed another girl, I know I'm probably over reacting BUT I trusted him with all my heart, which is so hard for me to do, and I seriously never ever thought he'd be the person to do this to me, like I feel so let down. He claims the girl he kissed was just a mistake, like he was helping her out cause she was upset, he gave her a hug and the kiss just happened? Should I believe that it 'just happened'?? I feel like I'm majorly overeacting but I feel so let down... Surely if it 'just happened' it could 'just happen' again, even though he promises it won't... I don't know what to do, this time it's just a kiss. but I don't want to run the risk of next time it being something bigger, should I forgive him? Or forget him? I really do love him, but this has made me doubt his love for me... Do mistakes really just happen?

I'm a guy that would never ever cheat on my girlfriend. I could be in a room with Kelly Brook naked offering to sit on my face and I wouldn't do anything. If you love your boyfriend and want to stay with him, you still need to scare him.

There are 3 stages :p:
1?Let him know that you trusted him and that your dissappointed etc.
2?Get mad at him, shout, tell him he's a knobhead etc.
3?Ignore him for about a week and act like you don't care about him.

Leave 3 days between each stage.

:wink:

No but seriously, I would be mad if my girl did that so no, you're not over reacting in any way.
DUMP THAT BASTARD!

cheating is cheating whether its sex or kissing and once you crossed that boundary, it'll be hard to change...

kissing always comes with feelings and he didnt even tell you therefore he lied to your face, you deserve far better than this, do you really think you can ever trust him in the future? if you cant, then end it, this guy isn't worth any of your tears.
It depends what kind of kiss. To be honest I wouldn't forgive a proper full on kiss, but if it was just a peck on the cheek, or even just a peck on the lips I don't think I'd mind.
Anonymous
Okay so, I know I'm overeacting but the guy I'm with kissed another girl, I know I'm probably over reacting BUT I trusted him with all my heart, which is so hard for me to do, and I seriously never ever thought he'd be the person to do this to me, like I feel so let down. He claims the girl he kissed was just a mistake, like he was helping her out cause she was upset, he gave her a hug and the kiss just happened? Should I believe that it 'just happened'?? I feel like I'm majorly overeacting but I feel so let down... Surely if it 'just happened' it could 'just happen' again, even though he promises it won't... I don't know what to do, this time it's just a kiss. but I don't want to run the risk of next time it being something bigger, should I forgive him? Or forget him? I really do love him, but this has made me doubt his love for me... Do mistakes really just happen?

Ok no jokes PM me, I am the perfect person to talk to but I have a lot to say so pm is best xx
Reply 32
Its just a kiss.. just shout at him and make him feel guilty.

We DO get really guilty after stuff like this.
Reply 33
cfizzle
once a cheater, always a cheater - and i'm talking from great experience. it's going to make you very sad no matter how many times he says it won't happen again or that it was an accident. get rid of him fast!

Oh, please, that's not cheating. In comforting a female friend he kissed her, probably because he wanted to comfort her more intimately than just hugging her. It's just a kiss and there was clearly no sexual intention. Why would he have told her?
Reply 34
It's just a kiss, not a big deal.
You make it sound like they eloped together...
Reply 35
Its understandable for you to feel upset/angry. Most people would, if they really liked the person a lot.

Talk about it to him maybe? Even though he said it was a mistake, he could do it again.
Reply 36
He did it once, he'll probably do something similar (or worse) again eventually. Sounds like he doesn't have much self control.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Anonymous
He claims the girl he kissed was just a mistake, like he was helping her out cause she was upset, he gave her a hug and the kiss just happened? Should I believe that it 'just happened'?? I feel like I'm majorly overeacting but I feel so let down... Surely if it 'just happened' it could 'just happen' again, even though he promises it won't... I don't know what to do, this time it's just a kiss. but I don't want to run the risk of next time it being something bigger, should I forgive him? Or forget him? I really do love him, but this has made me doubt his love for me... Do mistakes really just happen?

I don't think you are overreacting and you have all the right to be upset!
I mean he said the girl was upset, so he gave her a hug (fair enough) but then the kiss just happened? That's the absolute nonsense. I mean who kisses with someone to comfort them?? I mean seriously?

You trusted him and had feelings for him, he damaged your trust in him. Like you said, if it was just 'something that happened' according to him that obviously shows that he really wasn't a big deal to him. Not saying that he will do it again but I would not feel comfortable.

I think you need to have a serious talk with him about how you feel.
Anonymous
does any one really think that cheating CAN be an accident?

Only if the girl/guy in question literally has it forced upon them.

All these threads about cheating are making me sad :frown:
Reply 39
Anonymous

If you can forget it ever happened, and trust the reasons and apologies he has given, then it would be silly to break up. However, if you know it will gnaw at you for the rest of your relationship, then I urge you to get out before things get nasty. I've known too many people get so obsessed with these sort of situations that they turn bitter and end up making themselves ill. It's not worth the hassle if you can't honestly get over it.

Latest

Trending

Trending