The Student Room Group

Ranking of hardest to easiest A Levels. what do you think?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Hardest: English Literature; Government and Politics
Middle: History; ICT;
Easy: Are there actually easy A levels?
Sim188
but what would we do with things like electricity and the internet if it wasnt for the artist / designer? There would be no entertainment andnothing to live for

Ha you haven't discovered natural art. If I went to start a civilisation on an island. I'd take a scientist. The trees and sky and sunset and flowers.That's enough and far better than what humans will ever create.
Biology (hardest)
Chemistry
Psychology
Mathematics (easiest)
Reply 103
1. Further maths?
2. Physics
3. Maths
4. Chemistry
5. Economics
6. Any language
7. History/geography??
8. Biology
9. English Lang/lit
10. Politics
11. Music
12. Psychology
13. Sociology
14. Media studies
15. Drama
Reply 104
Economics has gotta be up there. I understood the content but the exam questions were a joke!
Just woke up so got no idea!
Reply 106
Out of my subjects?
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
English Literature
Critical Thinking

I'd say General Studies/Critical Thinking are the easiest in general.
Economics
Sociology
Psychology
English Literature.

But a difficult subject would depend on the individual, surely?
Somebody else may find economics really easy but find English Literature hard.
Out of the ones I do. My opinion from today.

English Lit (Hardest just because I'm quite lazy when it comes to thinking outside the box)
Drama and Psychology (Equal. Yes, I do find drama quite hard. It's not just prancing about on stage pretending to be a tree)
Music (Easiest, but it's the only one I fully understand and I'm fairly quick at doing the work)

This changes most days though depending on what I do in class.

Edit: If anyone has read my signature then you will see I got an E in Critical Thinking. Peronsally, I'd put it above English Lit but that's only because we didn't actually get taught it very well/often and the teacher kept getting side tracked and started teaching us psychology. I'm sure that if I got taught it now alongside the rest of my AS's then I'd probablly find it the easiest
(edited 13 years ago)
out of what i did

hardest
-french
-maths
-textiles
-biology
easiest
Easy question to answer

Maths
Physics
Chemistry

The best way to qaulify this is with a thought experiment. If you were to pick out 1000 random members of the British public which exams would they get the lowest marks.

^

(any fool can blag RS, Geog, English - not do it well - but you cannot blag the sciences)
Reply 111
Maths
chem
Politics
physics
Reply 112
Destroyviruses
Ha you haven't discovered natural art. If I went to start a civilisation on an island. I'd take a scientist. The trees and sky and sunset and flowers.That's enough and far better than what humans will ever create.

Yeah but you can bet your bottom dollar the scientist would destroy it with his power stations etc.
Sim188
Sciences - LEast useful (HARDEST)
Social Sciences -Little more useful
Languages and Literary things - Quite useful
Arts and Design -VERY useful (EASIEST)

My own opinion remember! Take it or leave it :wink:

Sciences least useful, arts and design most useful! Are you fkin serious! What job are you gunna get with a ****** art degree, or even an English degree for the matter!?
(edited 13 years ago)
Maths
Geography
Economics
French
Government&Politics
Critical Thinking
Maths is the hardest i think.
And id probably say sociology is the easiest.
Physics is definitely the hardest of my A-Levels.
Of mine.
1. Economics (very easy theory stuff, failed exam, HARD)
2. Applied ICT - The ammount of work is unreal
3. History - Two exams and A2 Coursework, easy :smile:
4. Applied Business - Mixes of math, economics and english, pretty much common sense
5. World Development - Super easy geography and stuff, easiest AS level ever. DO IT!
It sometimes depends on the exam board...
Reply 119
out of mine
maths -hardest
physics
german & french -easiest (as far as 'easy' goes for a levels)

Quick Reply

Latest