The Student Room Group

Worst Comedian(s) Ever

Scroll to see replies

The first one in the OP, he said he hated old people and had a right go for something he didn't understand properly (why property prices rose).

Sweaty Lee Evans, like a Tom and Jerry cartoon but without any violence, story or humour.

Russell Howard, clearly humour which appeals to some 14 year old girls so he hasn't exactly developed his standard of humour much in the last 15 years or so (assuming he's 30). I expect some girls on TSR find him funny.

Most female comedians unfortunately aren't very funny. Also I've noticed these two Nigerian females simply speak in a Nigerian accent for most of their 'jokes' (usually portraying their parents) and this makes it funny?

The best currently is Kevin Bridges by quite some distance, his stand ups are brilliant and his timing is superb. Just finishing watching some of his niche stuff on YT.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm gonna say it: Al Murray.

As for the OP, I just saw the first one on Dave's One Night Stand.
He was all right in such a short set but any longer and I think he would have irritated me.
I'm not too struck on Jack Whitehall either.

As for the second one, I think he's quite funny but there's this whole false façade about him.
CombineHarvester
The first one in the OP, he said he hated old people and had a right go for something he didn't understand properly (why property prices rose).

Sweaty Lee Evans, like a Tom and Jerry cartoon but without any violence, story or humour.

Russell Howard, clearly humour which appeals to some 14 year old girls so he hasn't exactly developed his standard of humour much in the last 15 years or so (assuming he's 30). I expect some girls on TSR find him funny.

Most female comedians unfortunately aren't very funny. Also I've noticed these two Nigerian females simply speak in a Nigerian accent for most of their 'jokes' (usually portraying their parents) and this makes it funny?

The best currently is Kevin Bridges by quite some distance, his stand ups are brilliant and his timing is superb.

Ugh Nigerian female comedians are terrible. All of their jokes are about being an immigrant and consist of putting on an OTT nigerian accent. Awful.
Reply 23
Jimmy Carr.
If I wanted offensive jokes one after another with no kind of link or well timed performance I'd go on sickipedia.

Sometimes Eddie Izzard can be really crap. I watched one of his DVDs once, I think I smiled once in the whole thing. But some of his other material is brilliant.

Frankie Boyle. The stand up 'comedy' equivalent of a child in a playground saying all the rude words he knows of to his friends.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
WHAT?! Lee Evans is hilarious, so is Micheal Mcintyre. Jimmy Carr and Russel Brand however are not really good stand up comedians imo, they are funny guys on shows and whatnot but in a standup scenario they don't really make me LOL.
Hylean
Don't know them, but I find Lee Evans utterly without talent.

Yes!

damos92
Don't know of either of them. I find the females to not be funny, sad but true.

Yes!

'James Hunt'
Michael MacIntyre?

Noooo!
Michael McIntyre was funny. His original stuff was great, but now he's just a BBC cronie for the mass market.

Milton Jones is a weird one - his outbursts are so utterly crazy and random that I can't help but laugh, even if the material isn't good :s-smilie:

Can't stand Rob Brydon, Lee Evans, Jimmy Carr or John Bishop. They're on far too much.
And while TV Burp is brilliant, Harry Hill's stand up is fairly crap.
(edited 13 years ago)
the first people who came into my head after reading the thread title were the two in the OP :mmm:

Seriously, are the people in that audience taking the mick?
Reply 28
Humor is incredibly subjective, so claiming a particular comedian is "terrible" is another way of saying their style of humor is incompatible with your own. That in of itself doesn't make them bad comedians. In fact a lot of the people that will inevitably get hated on in this thread (Milton Jones, Michael McIntyre) are, in my opinion, decent comedians.

Regardless I hope nobody takes the opinions of others particularly seriously in this thread...
Everyone on Mock the Week, including Dara O'Brien, and especially Russell.

Katy Brand is god awful. I'm not a fan of female comedians but I do think Sarah Millican is quite funny.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Omid Djalili's accent on that price comparison advert.
Reply 31
Russel Howard is painful.
Michael McIntyre and Lee Evans are both cancers on this Earth.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
'James Hunt'
Michael MacIntyre?

This.
Paddy McGuinness can go to hell too. Irritating man.
Michael McIntyre/Phill Jupitus/Andy Parsons/Rufus Hound/anyone female except Lucy Porter cos she's hot.
Russell Howard is clearly without talent.
Andy Parsons is just peculiar.
James Kimberley Corden is less that faintly amusing.
Jelephant

Seriously, are the people in that audience taking the mick?

I think the audience must be trippin on shrooms or something.

Dara: And the topic is 'Health'.

Audience: OLOLOLOLOL

Milton Jones : My sister's got hayfever

Audience: OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Anyone with a vagina, Michael MacIntyre, Lee Evans and the bald guy off of Mock the Week. He makes me cringe so much that I don't even know his name :frown:
I think it would probably be quicker to list the ones who are/were actually funny/good:

Lee Evans
George Carlin
Danny Bhoy

That's about it, everyone else is ****.

Ones that I particularly can't stand:

Jo Brand
Joan Rivers
In fact all women "comedians"
Most of the americans who appear on our panel shows
Noel Fielding
Andy Parsons
etc...