Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Omg congrats! Thats brill Where else have you applied? I went for the four year course, heard nothing yet...
    I'm sure you'll be fine, I did send mine off a while ago, what're you predicted?
    I've also applied to UWIC, offer BBC, Oxford-Brookes ABB, Southampton AAB and Portsmouth is the only one I haven't heard back from, what about you?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    Ahh people are already getting offers?! I shall try to not worry...
    I wouldnt worry too much! UWIC have been giving out offers and i think only some departments in Cardiff uni have started to
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alakazam*)
    I'm sure you'll be fine, I did send mine off a while ago, what're you predicted?
    I've also applied to UWIC, offer BBC, Oxford-Brookes ABB, Southampton AAB and Portsmouth is the only one I haven't heard back from, what about you?
    When did you send off your application?

I'm predicted A*AA you? Applying to Warwick, Exeter, Bristol & Cam Only recieved acknowledgements so far... worried I'm gonna get 5 rejections
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    When did you send off your application?

I'm predicted A*AA you? Applying to Warwick, Exeter, Bristol & Cam Only recieved acknowledgements so far... worried I'm gonna get 5 rejections
    My application says it was processed by ucas on 11th, and i'm only predicted ABB and have offers from cardiff and southampton which ask for AAB-AAA so with your grades i'm sure you wont get 5 rejections
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alakazam*)
    My application says it was processed by ucas on 11th, and i'm only predicted ABB and have offers from cardiff and southampton which ask for AAB-AAA so with your grades i'm sure you wont get 5 rejections
    Aw thanks thats really nice of you. I also have mitigating circumstances but I duno if that will go for or against me

I applied for the course w/ placement so maybe theyre only doing the three year course atm :confused:

Im reading too much into this lol, I just love Cardiff so much!
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for Biology with foundation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just received this:

Thank you for your recent interest in studying Engineering at Cardiff University. Having reviewed your application form, I am pleased to invite you to a Visit Day at the University.

The Visit Day has been developed to provide both the applicant and their guest with a thorough introduction to the City, the University, the School, and some of our students. Importantly, applicants will also have a 20 minute interview with a member of academic staff to determine the suitability of the course to the applicant, and vice versa.
    I didn't realise there would be an interview o.O
    Sounds compulsory?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Cardiff for Pharmacy
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Woooop I just received an offer from Cardiff to study Exploration and Resource Geology . AAB.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved an offer for Psychology with Professional Placement!! AAB!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received any offers to study Politcs at Cardiff?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    Anyone received any offers to study Politcs at Cardiff?
    I applied for Politics and Law. I've had an acknowledgment but nothing else yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneInSolidarity)
    Just received this:

Thank you for your recent interest in studying Engineering at Cardiff University. Having reviewed your application form, I am pleased to invite you to a Visit Day at the University.

The Visit Day has been developed to provide both the applicant and their guest with a thorough introduction to the City, the University, the School, and some of our students. Importantly, applicants will also have a 20 minute interview with a member of academic staff to determine the suitability of the course to the applicant, and vice versa.

I didn't realise there would be an interview o.O
    Sounds compulsory?
    Hi!
    I received it too. I sent them a mail to ask if it is compulsory and they said no.
    When are you going? I'm going on 6th December.
    I don't know what to expect from the interview. Do you know anything? What kind of questions will we be asked?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on Medical Engineering? )
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for Pharmacy on the 17th
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elenathion)
    I applied for Politics and Law. I've had an acknowledgment but nothing else yet.
    Yea ive had the same, i hope they go through them soon!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corina17)
    Hi!
    I received it too. I sent them a mail to ask if it is compulsory and they said no.
    When are you going? I'm going on 6th December.
    I don't know what to expect from the interview. Do you know anything? What kind of questions will we be asked?
    The 7th Not a clue what will come up! If its not compulsory I'd hope it wouldn't affect anything; I thought it'd show good attitude to turn up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hola fellow Diff applicants!

I've applied to Cardiff for Biomedical Science and Medical Pharmacology and then Biomedical Science at UWIC. I sent my application off on Monday and had an offer from UWIC on Tuesday for CC with Welsh BAC which I'm really happy with as I wanted it as my insurance anyway!

Any other biomedics here? xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I got an offer today for 3 year biology course. So happy!!!!

Offer = AAB

A-levels currently taken - biology, chemistry, geology.

Anyone got similar offer for biology
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia125)
    Hi,

I got an offer today for 3 year biology course. So happy!!!!

Offer = AAB

A-levels currently taken - biology, chemistry, geology.

Anyone got similar offer for biology
    I'm so envious!! I'm still waiting for my college to send my application. They've already added my reference and approved it all so why can't they just send it?! :mad:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2014
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.