The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2009Emily
Thanksss =]

Don't panic, i sent off my application quite early so that might by why i have an early offer. When did you send yours off?

My application only got sent about two weeks ago. I've switched to the 'no news is good news' way of thinking for now... We'll see how long that lasts! It is good to see that the department has started giving out offers for the molecular biosciences though.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by el pollo diablo
My application only got sent about two weeks ago. I've switched to the 'no news is good news' way of thinking for now... We'll see how long that lasts! It is good to see that the department has started giving out offers for the molecular biosciences though.

Good luck with your application, i hope you get it :biggrin: You have the same predicted grades as me so your likely to get an offer :smile:
Reply 82
Had my application sent off to UCAS earlier today, anyone else applying for business management?
Anyone going to the Psych Visit day this wednesday? I'm gonna be all alone! :smile:
Reply 84
Offer for Biochemistry at Cardiff of ABB :smile:
Original post by thecdon
Offer for Biochemistry at Cardiff of ABB :smile:

OK this time I can say with certainty:

Well done!!
Original post by 2009Emily
Good luck with your application, i hope you get it :biggrin: You have the same predicted grades as me so your likely to get an offer :smile:

Thank you :smile: Me too! LOL
Reply 87
Applying there for Anatomy and Human Biologyyyyy =]
yep applying for History! anybody else??
Original post by livvyyyyy
Got an offer for V100 history
- asking for AAB at a level
:biggrin:

Heeey, when did you send off your Ucas application? I only sent mine last monday so will it take some time before i know if i getan offer or not?? thanks :smile:
Reply 90
OK this time I can say with certainty:

Well done!!

haha thanks, although it has thrown a spanner in the works, not sure whether to go for Bath, Cardiff of Exeter?! :s-smilie:
Original post by thecdon
haha thanks, although it has thrown a spanner in the works, not sure whether to go for Bath, Cardiff of Exeter?! :s-smilie:

PLENTY of time to mull it over before you have to make a decision :wink:
Reply 92
PLENTY of time to mull it over before you have to make a decision :wink:

you got an offer yet? and are you biochem ?
Reply 93
ABB for Business Information Systems sooo happy and surprised its so low wahooo, cardiff your awesome, now i just wanna heae back from exeter and i will be fully happy
Original post by thecdon
you got an offer yet? and are you biochem ?

Nothing so far - just some acknowledgements. It's killing me! (No news is good news... right?!)

And yes, biochem :biggrin:
Reply 95
Nothing so far - just some acknowledgements. It's killing me! (No news is good news... right?!)

And yes, biochem :biggrin:

No news is good news indeed :biggrin: where else have you applied then? What are your pred. grades etc?

Don't mean to make you feel bad, but I've got all my offers in already, dismissing 2 of them :biggrin: hehe
Original post by thecdon
No news is good news indeed :biggrin: where else have you applied then? What are your pred. grades etc?

I've only got four universities applied for so far: Cardiff, Swansea, Aberystwyth and (for the lolz) Imperial. Predicted A*AA (had AAA at AS Level). I meet the academic requirements for all my courses so if anything lets me down it'll be my previous A Levels (CDc) and degree (3rd..). I'm hoping they'll be able to look past that and see how well I'm doing now I'm studying subjects I love and am considerably better at!

Original post by thecdon
Don't mean to make you feel bad, but I've got all my offers in already, dismissing 2 of them :biggrin: hehe

No way, you should be excited! That's awesome :smile: If I had all my offers already I'd be screaming about it from the rooftops! Where do you think you'll end up firming?
Reply 97
I've only got four universities applied for so far: Cardiff, Swansea, Aberystwyth and (for the lolz) Imperial. Predicted A*AA (had AAA at AS Level). I meet the academic requirements for all my courses so if anything lets me down it'll be my previous A Levels (CDc) and degree (3rd..). I'm hoping they'll be able to look past that and see how well I'm doing now I'm studying subjects I love and am considerably better at!

No way, you should be excited! That's awesome :smile: If I had all my offers already I'd be screaming about it from the rooftops! Where do you think you'll end up firming?

Ahh nice, because you've spent longer on your A Levels than most and you'll have more, and the fact that you've already been to uni should be an advantage for you as uni's like people who have mature personalities and more life experience!
What were your other A Levels in? and what was your degree in?

You sure like your Welsh uni's haha! one is enough for me! :p:

And regarding what I'll form & insure... Ummmm probably Exeter/Bath firm, Cardiff insurance...still not certain though! but like you said, I've got loads of time!
Reply 98
Offers from UWIC and Cardiff for psychology :biggrin: loove Cardiff Uni though so fingers crossed i don't mess up any exams this year
Original post by thecdon
Ahh nice, because you've spent longer on your A Levels than most and you'll have more, and the fact that you've already been to uni should be an advantage for you as uni's like people who have mature personalities and more life experience!
What were your other A Levels in? and what was your degree in?

You sure like your Welsh uni's haha! one is enough for me! :p:

And regarding what I'll form & insure... Ummmm probably Exeter/Bath firm, Cardiff insurance...still not certain though! but like you said, I've got loads of time!

I did history, psychology and sociology (AS only) on my first go. Doing all sciences now - biology, chemistry and physics. And I did my degree in classics. I was so miserable the whole time (hence the diabolical grades!).

I kinda have to stick with Welsh universities due to the recently introduced ELQ fees unfortunately. If it wasn't for that I'd be applying to Bath, Bristol and Warwick (and not to Swansea and Aberystwyth). Ah well, there's always post grad :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending