Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

General Election

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I call on the Prime Minister to dissolve Parliament and call a General election.

I ask for that for two reasons;

- The period of elections was agreed at 5-6 months, which have now passed.

- The parliament is quite dead at the moment and an election may awaken it, also this would allow a new speaker to be chosen who is actually active.

!Laxy! (Green Party Leader)
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    The period of elections was agreed at 5-6 months, which have now passed
    The TSR election was held on 5th May, so 5th November will complete six months. In addition, the PM holds the right to call a general election whensoever he wishes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If there is to be one in November, we will also need to work out a format for it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Laxy!)
    I call on the Prime Minister to dissolve Parliament and call a General election.
    That's quite improprietous of you.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely that is against the etiquette of the House
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Look all I was saying is that maybe it would liven it up a bit.

Also yes the 5th November is 6 months but the time agreed was 5-6 months so as 5th October is 5 months we are in that range.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    That's quite improprietous of you.
    FABULOUS! (in a Sharon Osbourne voice)
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also yes the 5th November is 6 months but the time agreed was 5-6 months so as 5th October is 5 months we are in that range.
    Again elections are held at the discretion of the PM.

If you have no confidence in the PM, then that is another question and you can (try) to organise a vote of no confidence.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Again elections are held at the discretion of the PM.

If you have no confidence in the PM, then that is another question and you can (try) to organise a vote of no confidence.
    I have a question for the PM and any Liberal Democrat whilst we're at it.

What have you done whilst being the government of TSR which makes people want to vote for you in the future? Or what have you done full stop?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    *Eagerly awaits an answer*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    To which of the three potential voters shall I aim my reply?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    To which of the three potential voters shall I aim my reply?
    Reply to the House. I'll repeat my question;

What have you done whilst being the government of TSR which makes people want to vote for you in the future? Or what have you done full stop?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    In true politico style, I'll answer your question with a question. There are, at the moment, around two active parties here. One of these parties effectively has one member. The other is the government. What makes them want to vote for anyone else? Or at all?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In true politico style, I'll answer your question with a question. There are, at the moment, around two active parties here. One of these parties effectively has one member. The other is the government. What makes them want to vote for anyone else? Or at all?
    That didn't answer my question. So, Mr Prime Minister, I'll ask you again, and perhaps this time you can answer my question.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well, actually, I think it did. Well done on trying the old anti-Vienna "repeat the question" tactic, however.

They will vote for us because there is no effective opposition, if they vote at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, actually, I think it did. Well done on trying the old anti-Vienna "repeat the question" tactic, however.

They will vote for us because there is no effective opposition, if they vote at all.
    So, are you admitting to the House Mr Prime Minister that whilst in power the TSR Lib dems have done NOTHING??
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, are you admitting to the House Mr Prime Minister that whilst in power the TSR Lib dems have done NOTHING??
    The number of bills discussed and voted upon, although not huge, would suggest that something has been done. This is an internet forum ffs, we aren't really in parliament.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The number of bills discussed and voted upon, although not huge, would suggest that something has been done. This is an internet forum ffs, we aren't really in parliament.
    Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. What have the TSR LIB DEMS (Not anyone else) done in government?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could the Prime Minister please answer the question!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The only bills that were seriously debated were presented by the Conservative and Green parties.
Updated: October 14, 2005
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.