The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy/Speech Sciences 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm a first year slt at Reading if anybody has any questions :smile:
Original post by d.b.asf
I'm a first year slt at Reading if anybody has any questions :smile:

Hey! do you like it there?

I was just wondering how long it took for the university to get back to you after sending off the written interview? :smile: x
Reply 42
Original post by Lovelovelove:)
Hey! do you like it there?

I was just wondering how long it took for the university to get back to you after sending off the written interview? :smile: x

I love it! The lecturers are really funny, the halls and people are great and the campus is gorgeous :smile:

It didn't take that long, I can't remember exactly but it was probably a few weeks.
Original post by d.b.asf
I love it! The lecturers are really funny, the halls and people are great and the campus is gorgeous :smile:

It didn't take that long, I can't remember exactly but it was probably a few weeks.

ahh thats great to hear! where else did you reply and get offers from?
Reply 44
Original post by Lovelovelove:)
ahh thats great to hear! where else did you reply and get offers from?

UEA- messed up the interview
Manchester Met- didn't fill out the questionnaire
Sheffield- didn't go to the interview
Leeds Met- got an offer but rejected it

I only really wanted to go to Reading :redface:
Reply 45
hey anyone applied for 2011 speech and language ?
i have got one email back but was rejected :frown:becuase my predicted grades are bbb but they want an a and 2 b's anyone else had any replies ?
:smile:
Original post by sgray34
i have got one email back but was rejected :frown:becuase my predicted grades are bbb but they want an a and 2 b's anyone else had any replies ?

hey, where did you get rejected from? yeah i've heard from 3 of my unis but no offers/rejections yet! where have you applied?
Reply 47
hey , i've applied to reading , dmu , leeds met , birmingham and sheffield :smile: i got a email today saying that reading has rejected my application because my predicted grades are not high enough :frown: i really hope i get into sheffield though ! when did you send your ucas off ? :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by sgray34

Original post by sgray34

aww no thats a shame...but then i guess it's gonna be strict like that when they have so many applicants! Goodluck with your others!!!!

I have had an email from UEA saying they have received my application, but it could take a while before i hear anything else!
Reply 49
Original post by erp__X
aww no thats a shame...but then i guess it's gonna be strict like that when they have so many applicants! Goodluck with your others!!!!

I have had an email from UEA saying they have received my application, but it could take a while before i hear anything else!

yeah i think they have so many people trying to get a place !! where else have you applied to ? :smile:
Original post by sgray34
hey , i've applied to reading , dmu , leeds met , birmingham and sheffield :smile: i got a email today saying that reading has rejected my application because my predicted grades are not high enough :frown: i really hope i get into sheffield though ! when did you send your ucas off ? :smile:

ahh thats a shame, but good luck for the others! the school sent mine off on the 8th October, so the unis have had it for a few weeks and i've heard from 3 of mine, but no offers/rejections yet!
Reply 51
Original post by sgray34

Original post by sgray34

what were your predicted grades??? cos i applied to ucl for speech sciences and i got an unsuccessful offer
Reply 52
has anyone applied to speech and language therapy at city university????? with what predicted grades???
Reply 53
Original post by paulas
what were your predicted grades??? cos i applied to ucl for speech sciences and i got an unsuccessful offer

im predicted 3 b's but they wanted an a and 2 b's which i think i will get but they just accept you on predicted grades :frown: how about your self ? where have you applied ?:colone:
Reply 54
Original post by paulas

hey! when did you apply for UCL? Because I just have and haven't heard back :frown: and what offer did they give you?
Reply 55
Original post by paulas
has anyone applied to speech and language therapy at city university????? with what predicted grades???

and i have applied to that too....predicted AAB
Reply 56
Original post by sgray34

Original post by sgray34
yeah i think they have so many people trying to get a place !! where else have you applied to ? :smile:

UEA, Leeds met, manchester met, de montfort and city :smile: what about youuuu?
Reply 57
Original post by paulas

Original post by paulas

yesss ABB.. have you??
Reply 58
Original post by sgray34

Original post by sgray34

ignore that just saw your previous post lol!
Original post by wizardtop
hi Bethaniee those buses prices sound reasonable.I was looking at Marion when i apply in 2011 for 2012 and I have heard it has good reputation for speech and Language therapy and wasnt it ranked something like 4th Place in some type of rankings.They only downside for me anyway is where it is located,and how much the cost of overal accomodation would cost me as i wouldnt be therefore entitled to further funding except the NHS means tested Bursary like the Student Loan for example

Hi, I've not heard of the rankings? Where did you see them? But yeah Marjon is brilliant, I love it here. A lot of people on my course are not entitled to the bursary or student loan. If its any consolation - Plymouth is a quite a cheap place to live in comparison with other cities. There is also time to have a part time job in year 1, although i'm struggling to keep my job now that i'm in year 2. If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest