The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Official 2011 Kingston Uni Offers and Decisions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clairol26
did you have an interview? I didn't think they interviewed for pharmacy?

They dont interview everyone for pharmacy, i believe they interview a few whose applications could go either way.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 21
Illustration and animation

Portfolio request... ARGH
(edited 13 years ago)
Wohoo!
I just got interview invitation email today, I have it on the 27th of this month
doing graphic design btw, anyone there doing the same?
Reply 23
Original post by serious face
Wohoo!
I just got interview invitation email today, I have it on the 27th of this month
doing graphic design btw, anyone there doing the same?

Ive got one aswell :smile:
Original post by wactm
Ive got one aswell :smile:

on the same day? are u doing graphic design?
Reply 25
on the same day? are u doing graphic design?

Yup, how many pages is your portfolio?
Original post by wactm
Yup, how many pages is your portfolio?

22 portfolio pages plus 2 sketch books, you?
Reply 27
22 portfolio pages plus 2 sketch books, you?

I was thinking 16 pages + 1 sketchbook, maybe ill add another book lol.
Reply 28
Original post by VickyG166
I just got a conditional offer for this course :smile: except with a year abroad.

Sweet! Are you planning on taking it? If so, I'll see you there! :smile:
Reply 29
I have applied here too! Since applying however I have heard bad things. Anyone know whats this uni is like?

Course: Aerospace Engineering, Astronautics and Space Tech.
UCAS Sent:5th Jan 11
Reply 30
Original post by Kalikali
Sweet! Are you planning on taking it? If so, I'll see you there! :smile:

It will probably be my insurance :smile: so yah, probs see you there seeing as i'm unlikely to get into the ones i'll probs pick for my firm! :L
Course: BA (Hons) International Business inc year abroad (4FT)

Hope I made the right decision in applying here, I have started to hear bad things about Kingston in general, things I didn't hear when I asked people before applying :redface: is it good for this course? I suppose it won't matter in the long run as I plan on going to HEC Paris for post grad :biggrin: but still lol.

Oh does anyone know if I can change the year abroad to year in industry?
BA (Hons) English Literature and Creative Writing

Got an unconditional, still undecided though, got an unconditional from Roehampton, had interview at Queen Mary on 16/02/11, and still waiting for Royal Hollowy and KCL..
Reply 33
Original post by jessicamaria
BA (Hons) English Literature and Creative Writing

Got an unconditional, still undecided though, got an unconditional from Roehampton, had interview at Queen Mary on 16/02/11, and still waiting for Royal Hollowy and KCL..

I got an unconditional offer for english lit as well! But I also had one from westminster (and I REALLY like that location) and haven't heard from bath spa and manchester yet...

Does anybody know which uni is better, kingston or westminster??

I sent my application on januari 7th btw, got a reply from kingston two days ago..
Original post by Elise107
I got an unconditional offer for english lit as well! But I also had one from westminster (and I REALLY like that location) and haven't heard from bath spa and manchester yet...

Does anybody know which uni is better, kingston or westminster??

I sent my application on januari 7th btw, got a reply from kingston two days ago..

Haha, I was choosing between Westminster and Kingston for my second reserv... I'm not sure how they compare though. Just go for the one you think you'd like most?
Reply 35
Original post by jessicamaria
Haha, I was choosing between Westminster and Kingston for my second reserv... I'm not sure how they compare though. Just go for the one you think you'd like most?

Which did you choose?
Original post by Elise107
Which did you choose?

Took Kingston as second reserv, obviously haha. But, seems I got an unconditioal for Queen Mary so doesn't really matter anymore.
Reply 37
Course: Pharmaceutical and chemical science fdsc
Sent: 15/12/2010
Received: 17/1/2011 - conditional offer (pass access course)
Reply 38
Ive applied to kingston for phrm sci, i had a friend that went there last year and stayed with her for a couple days, the night life is really good and so is the area its so pretty. I went on an open day to westmister and hated it!! Although its not one of the top uni's i think it is very good for teaching. :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by ifti999
Course: Pharmaceutical and chemical science fdsc
Sent: 15/12/2010
Received: 17/1/2011 - conditional offer (pass access course)

Are you planning to transfer to MPharm after you have finished this course?? I was looking at the website and it says that if you do well enough in it you can transfer!! Just wondering because I have an offer for MPharm but I doubt I will get the B I need in chemistry, so this would be a good backup! x

Quick Reply

Latest