The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial accomodation???

Salutations everyone,
When choosing accomodation for imperial is it possible to ask them for a cheaper one? I don't want to be allocated for some deluxe single en-suite and have no money to pay for it.:eek3:
Is it possible to state somewhere max price you are willing to pay for the accomodation?
Is there any couple accomodations provided by imperial? if so can one person be imperial student and other not?
Hi

Imperial accomodation is guaranteed for the first year, and so- due to a very large intake in recent years, I very much doubt that they would provide accomodation for non-Imperial students.

As for the cost- When you are applying, you have the option to specify whether the price-band or room type is more important to you- therefore you are more likely to get accomodation that is the same price as the types that you apply for- when choosing your five preferences, obviously go for those that you can afford! However, this is not a guarantee, as I know many people who applied for all single rooms this year, and put room-type as their preference, only to end up in shared rooms. You don't have to take what they offer you- but tbh you aren't going to find anywhere cheaper in the middle of central London.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
almost-alive
Hi

Imperial accomodation is guaranteed for the first year, and so- due to a very large intake in recent years, I very much doubt that they would provide accomodation for non-Imperial students.

As for the cost- When you are applying, you have the option to specify whether the price-band or room type is more important to you- therefore you are more likely to get accomodation that is the same price as the types that you apply for- when choosing your five preferences, obviously go for those that you can afford! However, this is not a guarantee, as I know many people who applied for all single rooms this year, and put room-type as their preference, only to end up in shared rooms. You don't have to take what they offer you- but tbh you aren't going to find anywhere cheaper in the middle of central London.

Thanks, you've been very helpful. My girlfriend is going to kings next year and they provide a couple accomodation which is amazing (bathroom,kitchen, separate study desks etc etc). Good thing is other person shouldn't be a kings student! It is indeed a good option. I was wondering if Imperial offers that kind of accomodations as well. In some sense it's a small flat provided by university =).