The Student Room Group

Middle Easterners...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retrospect
Eugh, I can't believe people think he's good looking. He's not remotely attractive at all. The music in this song is blatantly arabic. I was trying to work out why I liked it and then I realised I'd heard it before... (ignore the singing)

I think he's kind of cute :ninja: And that lovely song, reminds me of summer in France. Love it!

Original post by mare?
Anyone else watching the japs kick our butts? I've been yelling at the tv but it's not working.

I have no clue what that is... haha yelling at TV.

Original post by Sushidelight
I think he's kind of cute :ninja:

He's so gay. :plz2:
Reply 282
Original post by Sushidelight
I think he's kind of cute :ninja:

Who? Jad? :eek: or the guy in the video? (can't blame you for thinking that heee)

I have no clue what that is... haha yelling at TV.

Well there was football on tv, so I automatically turned into a hardcore supporter even though I had no idea what they were playing for. (Turns out it was some sort of asiacup for under 16 :redface:)
Original post by mare?
who? Jad? :eek:

jad?!! Jad?!! Jaaaaaaaaaaaaad?!! :colonhash:
I thought you meant Jad. :teehee:
Reply 285
hahaha hamzain
Because I cannot sleep
I make music at night.
I am troubled by the one
whose face e has the color of spring flowers.
I have neither sleep nor patience,
neither a god reputation nor disgrace.
A thousand robes of wisdom are gone.
All my good manners have moved a thousand miles away.
The heart and the mind are left angry with each other.
The starts and the moon are envious of each other.
Because of this alienation the physical universe
is getting tighter and tighter.
The moon says, "How long will I remain
suspended without a sun?"
Without Love's jewel inside of me,
let the bazaar of my existence by destroyed stone by stone.
O Love, You who have been called by a thousand names,
You who know how to pour the wine
into the chalice of the body,
You who give culture to a thousand cultures,
You who are faceless but have a thousand faces,
O Love, You who shape the faces
of Turks, Europeans, and Zanzibaris,
give me a glass from Your bottle,
or a handful of bheng from Your Branch.
Remove the cork once more.
The we'll see a thousand chiefs prostrate themselves,
and a circle of ecstatic troubadours will play.
Then the addict will be breed of craving.
and will be resurrected,
and stand in awe till Judgement Day. - Rumi
(edited 13 years ago)
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened. Don't open the door to the study and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the door sill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.

I would love to kiss you.
The price of kissing is your life.
Now my loving is running toward my life shouting,
What a bargain, let's buy it.

Daylight, full of small dancing particles and the one great turning, our souls are dancing with you, without feet, they dance.
Can you see them when I whisper in your ear?

All day and night, music, a quiet, bright reedsong. If it fades, we fade.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Retrospect
I thought you meant Jad. :teehee:

Never been more insulted in my life!! :cry2:

asdfyujioo
8 months ago
he s so? charismatic... and so talented as a songwriter too . go jad

:headhurts:
Why isn't there a Middle Eastern society? Oh wait. We're nowhere near civil enough. :colonhash:
R.I.P to all those souls lost today and on Sunday in Iraq. The barbarians that have caused these tragedies will have have their rightful places in hell.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tzarchasm
R.I.P to all those souls lost today and on Sunday in Iraq. The barbarians that have caused these tragedies will have have their rightful places in hell.

I'd like to see hell brought to them right now, and to anyone who helps them.
I think this attack is very ruthless giving the extent the terrorist went to in order to create this de-stabilization. I think the Iraqi people need to do a lot more to create unity, first to sort out the politics then the divide between sunni-shia.... they shouldn't realy on the Americans they are leaving or most have already left.
Reply 293
Original post by ehsanm123
I think this attack is very ruthless giving the extent the terrorist went to in order to create this de-stabilization. I think the Iraqi people need to do a lot more to create unity, first to sort out the politics then the divide between sunni-shia.... they shouldn't realy on the Americans they are leaving or most have already left.

The Iraqi's are trying to overcome the divide between Shia, Sunni, Christian, Jew and everyone else, are are not relying on the Americans at all.
Reply 294

If they're ever caught they will face hell in the jails.

May they RIP, so tragic.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/234/f/2/iraq___untitled_by_3limalik.jpg
I had the most awful experience today. I'm shadowing a GP at the moment, and a girl whose dad was killed in the Sunday church raid came in with her husband, absolutely distraught. I swear to God I nearly had a breakdown. I hope to God that the perpetrators never leave the depths of Hell.
Who is actually doing this? Does anyone know? Because suicide bombings are now so common in Iraq the police don't even bother to investigate what happened. But is there any idea, at least like where they are coming from?

Is it native Iraqis doing this themselves? Are they foreign Islamic extremists from places like Saudi and Kuwait?

I find it so strange that in a war you get people blowing themselves up trying to kill innocent people. I can understand the logic behind trying to kill foreign troops, but I just don't understand the logic behind killing random Iraqi civilians. The vast majority of the Iraqis who die or get injured are the result of these Islamic terrorists or insurgency and not because of American or British armies. So sad.
BAGHDAD Al-Qaida's front group in Iraq is threatening more attacks on Christians after a bloody siege on a Baghdad church earlier this week. The Islamic State of Iraq says in a statement released late Tuesday that Christians are "legitimate targets" and that the "killing sword will not be lifted from ... (their) necks."
The statement comes after 58 people were killed during a deadly siege Sunday night when militants took some 120 people hostage in a Catholic church in Baghdad.The militants had been demanding the release of Muslim women that it says are being held by the Coptic Christian church in Egypt. The insurgent group said its deadline for the women's release had passed and that Christians are now legitimate targets wherever they can be hit.

Solution? :mad: Mine is simple, control the media. Illiteracy rates in the Middle East are beyond shocking --- thus the mindless sheep are most easy to control. Shut down those who invest in spreading hatred, such as Al Jazeera. With the most recent attack, Al Baghdadiya was closed (is it still?) for a little while, since the terrorists who entered the Church contacted the channel straight away... such a coincidence.

It's like me, stabbing someone. Then reporting it.
Original post by Koobideh
Who is actually doing this? Does anyone know? Because suicide bombings are now so common in Iraq the police don't even bother to investigate what happened. But is there any idea, at least like where they are coming from?

Most of them come from the neighbouring countries, the ones who attacked the church were Egyptian and Yemeni. They do this because they wish to gain power, i.e. a "secular" ex-Baa'thi Ayad Allawi who shall support their minions in Saudi, is better than a "religious" Maliki who may support Iran. It has very little to do with "occupation" --- if it did, then instead of blowing up innocent Iraqis, I suggest they blow up the place with the largest American base, Qatar. Home of the Al Jazeera. Funny, the channel forgot to mention that...

Quick Reply

Latest