The Student Room Group

First offer for 2011 received :D

UWE have today given me a conditional for 2011 entry to English, and I haven't even submitted my UCAS yet!

I emailed the Admissions Tutor a few weeks ago and she asked me to send her a copy of my CV with my Open Uni course details and marks included on it, and a covering letter; sent that last week, she showed the Head of English and they've given me a conditional :biggrin: and the condition is only to complete my current course; no grade requirements.

Soooo pleased! Now I know I'm definitely going to uni!
Reply 1
You did the right thing. I keep saying on here .... talk to admissions tutors! They'll tell you what your chances are, what courses you should consider, how to pitch your PS. Don't start doing an access course or A levels before you find out from the horse's mouth what the score is. But people still do. Anyway, good luck and enjoy UWE.
Reply 2
woohooo!! Well done, sis :biggrin:
Reply 3
cliffg
You did the right thing. I keep saying on here .... talk to admissions tutors! They'll tell you what your chances are, what courses you should consider, how to pitch your PS. Don't start doing an access course or A levels before you find out from the horse's mouth what the score is. But people still do. Anyway, good luck and enjoy UWE.

Thanks, and I agree! I’ve probably emailed half the unis in the country!

aprilterri
Well done.
Still aim for the best in your exams but that's really good like cliffg said its always good to email the admissions tutors.

Thank you :smile: I’m planning to apply to QMUL as well, and Admissions have said that if they offer me a place after the interview the condition will be a Pass 3 (2:2 equivalent) for this course, so still got a reason to work hard!

katyness
woohooo!! Well done, sis :biggrin:

And thanks again! Lol. UWE isn’t my first choice, but I’d still be more than happy to go there. It’s just a relief to know that I have a place somewhere!
Reply 4
Congratulations!! I've already sent out my PS and the sort, but I wish I'd done this too, it sounds very smart indeed. Delighted for a fellow auld thing getting an offer already (and such a good one!) - do you have professional experience that helped you out, do you think?
Reply 5
Original post by no chance
Congratulations!! I've already sent out my PS and the sort, but I wish I'd done this too, it sounds very smart indeed. Delighted for a fellow auld thing getting an offer already (and such a good one!) - do you have professional experience that helped you out, do you think?

Thanks! I've harrassed a lot of Admissions Tutors recently :tongue: I only enquired initially about whether they'd consider my application, and it went from there. I don't really have any experience that's directly relevant to English. I'm 22 and work full-time in an administrative role within local government, so nothing special. I just made sure my CV and covering letter were informative and well presented and, well, that was it. I didn't even include anything English-specific in my covering letter because they said it should be brief, so I'm quite amazed!

Are you a mature applicant as well? Wow at your uni choices! :smile: I've been dithering for months about whether to risk applying to King's, but now I know I'll definitely have a place somewhere I'm more inclined to do it!

Latest

Trending

Trending