The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3280
anyone know when the next asda payday is??
Original post by garry94
anyone know when the next asda payday is??

It's every 4 weeks, so the next one's a week on Friday (23rd) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3282
Original post by Ingenting
It's every 4 weeks, so the next one's a week on Friday (23rd) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!
Hi

Bit of a long shot, but does anybody have the answers for the 35 min online assessment?
Original post by ExAndWhy
Hi

Bit of a long shot, but does anybody have the answers for the 35 min online assessment?

The assessment is based on common sense to be honest. It's not hard at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willisme1
The assessment is based on common sense to be honest. It's not hard at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess common sence isn't so common.
Reply 3286

just be trueful with your answers and your should pass it :smile:
Original post by wirefan
just be trueful with your answers and your should pass it :smile:

I did, and failed haha.
Reply 3288
I did, and failed haha.

I failed the first time I did it years ago but passed this years

Well the test designed to remove unsuitable candidates prior to interview. I guess it's doing its job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3290
Original post by Willisme1
Well the test designed to remove unsuitable candidates prior to interview. I guess it's doing its job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

its all about your personality and whether or not it suits asdas profile of the people they want working for them
Original post by wirefan
its all about your personality and whether or not it suits asdas profile of the people they want working for them

Exactly, so if you fail it then you don't suit Asda's profile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure how it's possible to fail the online test?
Original post by Hippokrates
I'm not sure how it's possible to fail the online test?

Well, I did.
Hi, just started on here, so Asda's payday is on Friday the 23rd, when is the cut off date, I've heard its the previous Saturday and if so does it cut off at the end of the Saturday shift or before you start as I work Saturday Mornings. Also during the Best Welcome day I receive my contract which said my employment commenced before the Best Welcome so would I get paid for that day as it was 5 hours long, Thanks in advance, just trying to work out what bills I can pay this month and have enough left to buy food. :smile:
Original post by Stuart-MacGregor
Hi, just started on here, so Asda's payday is on Friday the 23rd, when is the cut off date, I've heard its the previous Saturday and if so does it cut off at the end of the Saturday shift or before you start as I work Saturday Mornings. Also during the Best Welcome day I receive my contract which said my employment commenced before the Best Welcome so would I get paid for that day as it was 5 hours long, Thanks in advance, just trying to work out what bills I can pay this month and have enough left to buy food. :smile:

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I have worked here 7 1/2 years, and didn't know there was a cut off date till you mentioned it here. It would make sense to make it a Saturday as that's the beginning of the week. Although I can't be sure if it is for definate.

As for being payed for the Best Welcome, I think you will get paid. Best thing to do is ask your People Manager in the office if this is the case or not. If noone's in the office, ask a line manager or another colleague for help with this. Or just check next week's pay slip and see if it all tallies together with your contracted hours and the hours you did when doing the Best Welcome.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help.
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks, I start about 4-5am which is before the main office opens and I finish around 11. I'll have a look at the payslip, does it break down the hours you do as some days I have finished early and not been sure how the checking in/out machine counts up hours if you sign out lets say 10:43 etc.
Reply 3297
Well, I did.

If you failed the online test, you really wouldn't like working at ASDA. Personality tests are a two-way thing.
Reply 3298
Hi, I've been looking for someone who works on home shopping to ask some questions. I know you're required to start between 3am and 6am, what time do you usually start?
And they do not usually specify the days one is required to work, how is the rota usually done and are you expected to be flexible?

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3299
Original post by kellyyy
Yes depending on what the job is you cannot do checkouts or stuff like that till your 18. I work on Home Shopping and got the job when I was 16 , so your age shouldn't be a problem.

Hi, I've been looking for someone who works on home shopping to ask some questions. I know you're required to start between 3am and 6am, what time do you usually start?
And they do not usually specify the days one is required to work, how is the rota usually done and are you expected to be flexible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending