The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erm95
I was seasonal but only had shifts until January but on my last shift I asked if I needed to do anything about leaving and she told me she had more shifts for me. Although, the other seasonal colleague on my department who started the same time as me isn't getting anymore hours as he rang up sick a few times so I think it just depends if you work hard or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They offered me a permanent contract last week anyway, thanks though.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Nah, everyone gets paid on the same say. It's the one day of the month people are happy in my branch. :tongue:

My moodiest day is when they try to send me home on pay cut-off day.

I'm there like

Nope.
This is money that I get.
I get it next week.
It pays for alcohol.
You're taking away my alcohol.
I got 100% Happy to Help :smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
I got 100% Happy to Help :smile:

Ooooooh congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Greenroom is the colleague website which advertises colleague achievements, things the company is doing, special offers etc. If you want the password for the greenroom to get offers such as travel insurance etc just pm me.

I have my wallmart number but still unsure what/where my password is. are you able to help?
Ooooooh congratulations! :biggrin:

I don't know how, I rarely follow HTH xD
I don't know how, I rarely follow HTH xD

Neither do I. :colondollar: I'm always cheerful and say hi and bye, offer help with packing and give bags, but I hardly ever make conversation with the customer. It's in and out as fast as possible with me.
It's in and out as fast as possible with me.
It's in and out as fast as possible with me.

lold

too

hard
lold

too

hard

Ahahahahahahaha! :rofl:
I have been underpaid yet again. ****ing hate Asda sometimes!

I get paid £6.53 an hour. So since my last payday (Friday, 13th December) these are the hours I have done:
Saturday 14th
14:00 - 17:30 (3.5 hours = £22.85)
Wednesday 18th
13:00 - 18:00 (5 hours = £32.65)
Thursday 19th
14:00 - 23:00 (9 hours = £58.57)
Friday 20th
17:30 - 23:00 (3.5 hours = £22.85)
Saturday 21st
12:00 - 22:00 (10 hours = £65.30)
Sunday 22nd
10:00 - 16:15 (6.25 hours = £40.81)
Monday 23rd
Tuesday 24th
08:00 - 18:00 (10 hours = £65.30)
Thursday 26th
09:00 - 18:00 (9 hours = £58.57)
As far as I'm aware, Boxing day was double pay so really I would have earned something like £117.14
Friday 27th
17:30 - 21:00 (3.5 hours = £22.85)
Monday 30th
09:15 - 13:00 (3.75 hours = £24.49)
Tuesday 31st
11:00 - 16:00 (5 hours = £32.65)
Friday 3rd
Saturday 4th

I know I will have lost money due to breaks, but I'm not sure how much so I guesstimate at around £35.

So surely that would leave me with £574.74, right?

Why have I only been paid £504.14?
I have been underpaid yet again. ****ing hate Asda sometimes!

I get paid £6.53 an hour. So since my last payday (Friday, 13th December) these are the hours I have done:
Saturday 14th
Wednesday 18th
13:00 - 18:00 (5 hours = £32.65)
Thursday 19th
Friday 20th
17:30 - 23:00 (3.5 hours = £22.85)
Saturday 21st
12:00 - 22:00 (10 hours = £65.30)
Sunday 22nd
10:00 - 16:15 (6.25 hours = £40.81)
Monday 23rd
Tuesday 24th
08:00 - 18:00 (10 hours = £65.30)
Thursday 26th
09:00 - 18:00 (9 hours = £58.57)
As far as I'm aware, Boxing day was double pay so really I would have earned something like £117.14
Friday 27th
Monday 30th
09:15 - 13:00 (3.75 hours = £24.49)
Tuesday 31st
11:00 - 16:00 (5 hours = £32.65)
Friday 3rd
Saturday 4th

I know I will have lost money due to breaks, but I'm not sure how much so I guesstimate at around £35.

So surely that would leave me with £574.74, right?

Why have I only been paid £504.14?

Have you checked your payslip yet? some of it could be because of NI, tax, law club, pensions etc
Original post by elstoleno
Have you checked your payslip yet? some of it could be because of NI, tax, law club, pensions etc

Yeah I checked it but no NI or any of that stuff has gone out... Imma speak to them on Wednesday about it. :tongue:
I just don't understand how some people get jobs at ASDA. I mean at a big store near me, sales assistants for about few good minutes didn't even notice me that I was about to ask for something because they were too busy chatting about work irrelevant topics :erm:
Reply 3713
Original post by ForgetMe
I just don't understand how some people get jobs at ASDA. I mean at a big store near me, sales assistants for about few good minutes didn't even notice me that I was about to ask for something because they were too busy chatting about work irrelevant topics :erm:

I tend to ignore customers until I get an excuse me, or some form of manners before asking me a question. Not just them shouting random food items to me, that annoys me the most!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3714
how do you apply for a job at asda? is it possible to get only a weekend job?
Yeah I checked it but no NI or any of that stuff has gone out... Imma speak to them on Wednesday about it. :tongue:

I thought that I was underpaid, it worked out fine though.

Original post by ForgetMe

Pipe down, noob. But yeah, they were doing it wrong.

Original post by sam_r07
how do you apply for a job at asda? is it possible to get only a weekend job?

Watch here: https://hourly.asda.jobs/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=25222&siteid=5034

Then when you see something in your store apply for it and you'll go to a magic session. When you've done that then they'll look at hours for you based on the availability you put down on your form at the magic session.
Original post by jazzyg50
I tend to ignore customers until I get an excuse me, or some form of manners before asking me a question. Not just them shouting random food items to me, that annoys me the most!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never disrespect anyone but some of them care more about their gossiping rather than serving a customer. The lady seemed to be angry that I disturbed her from gossiping :erm:

I thought that I was underpaid, it worked out fine though.

Pipe down, noob. But yeah, they were doing it wrong.

Watch here: https://hourly.asda.jobs/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=25222&siteid=5034

Then when you see something in your store apply for it and you'll go to a magic session. When you've done that then they'll look at hours for you based on the availability you put down on your form at the magic session.

Shush noob, I'll pipe you up and down :perv:
Hi guys, I need some advice.

Recently, I got offered a job at Asda as a Personal Shopper, however the shift covers 5 am-10 am hours on fridays and weekends.
I have indicated in my availability form that I am available from 6 am, as I am not driving and I am relying on public transport.
I checked the taxi prices and have worked out that it would cost me over half of my weekly wages just to get to work.

Do you think it is acceptable to ask whether I could do a 6am-11am shift instead? I don't want to sound ungrateful but it keeps bothering me.
Thanks in advance.
Original post by OliOliOliOli

Recently, I got offered a job at Asda as a Personal Shopper, however the shift covers 5 am-10 am hours on fridays and weekends.
I have indicated in my availability form that I am available from 6 am, as I am not driving and I am relying on public transport.
I checked the taxi prices and have worked out that it would cost me over half of my weekly wages just to get to work.

Do you think it is acceptable to ask whether I could do a 6am-11am shift instead? I don't want to sound ungrateful but it keeps bothering me.
Thanks in advance.

You can try but they'll probably say no.

Sorry to be so blunt, but if you can't do it they'll have people queuing out the door to do it instead. :P

What will happen is that you'll be put on an Asda Silver Medallist list and called in future when shifts are available. :biggrin:
Original post by OliOliOliOli

Thanks in advance.

I'd disagree with Roving Fish and say, actually, they'd probably be OK with it. All you can do is ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending