The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
It went well :biggrin:. I've been invited to a 6hr welcome day on Saturday :smile:.

Welcome to Asda :hello: !
Original post by Roving Fish
Welcome to Asda :hello: !

Ta. Any words of advice or stuff I should read?
Ta. Any words of advice or stuff I should read?

Be prepared for the worst 6 hours ever, so boring! just keep in mind you are being paid for being there.
Original post by Kemosabe99
Be prepared for the worst 6 hours ever, so boring! just keep in mind you are being paid for being there.

I thought it might be a bit boring :tongue:. At least the other new starters were interesting so I'll have someone to talk to.

Do you know if they pay 19 yos the 18-21 minimum? From what I've ready online, they pay everyone 6 pounds something an hr.
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought it might be a bit boring :tongue:. At least the other new starters were interesting so I'll have someone to talk to.

Do you know if they pay 19 yos the 18-21 minimum? From what I've ready online, they pay everyone 6 pounds something an hr.

Nah, you have to be quiet the whole time as you are watching videos, seriously it was hell.

£5.53 (or somthing) for the first 6 weeks then 6.66 afterwards is what I am on.
Nah, you have to be quiet the whole time as you are watching videos, seriously it was hell.

Ah okay.
Did you have a birthday change or is that a standard pay-rise?
Ta

I hope they have my size in uniform. I'm large :colondollar:.
Ah okay.
Did you have a birthday change or is that a standard pay-rise?
Ta

I hope they have my size in uniform. I'm large :colondollar:.

Its standard, its when you get your discount card too.

Its an international company, pretty sure they will have your uniform size like!

Don't know where you work but I'm on 7.00 an hour ? I thought they paid that over all areas
Original post by Pricey23
Don't know where you work but I'm on 7.00 an hour ? I thought they paid that over all areas

really?!? Home Shopping...
really?!? Home Shopping...

Think home shopping pays the same at £7 butvours go up to 7.36 after 6 months of work
Just to clear up pay queries, it varies around the country (i.e. London pays more).

You'll get something like £6.70 an hour beforehand and then it moves up to £6.89 after 6 months. By then we'll have it raised to about £7 anyway. :yy:

Some jobs within the store pays more as well (i.e. pharmacy, nights).
Original post by Roving Fish
Just to clear up pay queries, it varies around the country (i.e. London pays more).

You'll get something like £6.70 an hour beforehand and then it moves up to £6.89 after 6 months. By then we'll have it raised to about £7 anyway. :yy:

Some jobs within the store pays more as well (i.e. pharmacy, nights).

I know london get paid more due to it being expensive to live in but I don't live in London that's why I thought I got the same as everyone else maybe the store is classed as London though? Nights get an extra £2 I think then days don't know about pharmacy as don't really talk to them
Reply 5632
Anyone else had an issue with pay this month? I got my payslip 2nd May but it's not credited my bank yet? Thanks,
Hi Guys,

I have worked at Asda throughout my time at university and came back in the summer. This summer however I have rang up and the new section leader has told me they are not allowed to use seasonal colleagues outside the 6 weeks holidays for schools.

This seems incorrect as I have worked previous summers and also this doesn't allow me to fulfil my 10 weeks in my contract. Feel as though someone is lying too me and I have rang multiple managers and they keep saying their going to ring me back but I never hear back from them.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have any advice on how I can get them to give me some hours?
Original post by camohoody
Hi Guys,

I have worked at Asda throughout my time at university and came back in the summer. This summer however I have rang up and the new section leader has told me they are not allowed to use seasonal colleagues outside the 6 weeks holidays for schools.

This seems incorrect as I have worked previous summers and also this doesn't allow me to fulfil my 10 weeks in my contract. Feel as though someone is lying too me and I have rang multiple managers and they keep saying their going to ring me back but I never hear back from them.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have any advice on how I can get them to give me some hours?

Keep ringing and ask to speak to the PSM. The SL probably has no idea what they're talking about!
Original post by trodat
Anyone else had an issue with pay this month? I got my payslip 2nd May but it's not credited my bank yet? Thanks,

That's a pretty crappy problem to have! You should get onto your People's Manager asap & hopefully he/she can sort it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HollyHox
Damn... How much does it cost btw.... Kicking myself for losing it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my store you can get a couple of keys and cards for free and it's only when you become a serial offender that they charge you £5! One of the runners there has lost his like 4 times and hasn't been charged lol. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Really like when you ask to move to another bit of a department to make it easier on both you and the SL's/manager yet get told no because you couldn't do one shift they were offering, then find out 3/4 months later that there have been 2 people shifted down from checkouts. another came back on a full time contract and potentially another person being moved... Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HollyHox
Really like when you ask to move to another bit of a department to make it easier on both you and the SL's/manager yet get told no because you couldn't do one shift they were offering, then find out 3/4 months later that there have been 2 people shifted down from checkouts. another came back on a full time contract and potentially another person being moved... Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got told there was no chance I could move departments because I phoned in sick after they gave me shifts I explicitly said I couldn't do, and another because I sprained my ankle. Top company to work for. Hate checkouts aswell worst job ever!
Original post by dead101
I got told there was no chance I could move departments because I phoned in sick after they gave me shifts I explicitly said I couldn't do, and another because I sprained my ankle. Top company to work for. Hate checkouts aswell worst job ever!

They're wonderful... And something sounds slightly wrong there, bc they should be able to do that no matter what (it was the first things I got offered, but I won't bc mixture of things, namely half attachment to one of SL's...) if there are jobs going...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending