The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Koolio
Hi, I received a call today saying I will get another call next week inviting me to an interview with the 'GSM' General Store Manager right? Anybody know how the interview with him/her goes? I've already done the Magic Session and an individual interview, which I guess went well... This is the last hurdle right?

That's a bit strange, I've never heard of people getting more than one interview? What position have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had last night booked off but still had a message left on answerphone demanding to know where I was. I have no idea where my holiday slips are so I'm going to have to hunt high and low for them today. :sad: Ugh useless Asda! This was booked ageeees ago.
I have torn my bedroom apart to no avail, so I have literally no idea where my holidays slips are. Which means that I have no evidence that I had yesterday off, unless they can find the holiday book it was written in and see?
Anyway, I'm probably going to be disciplined heavily tomorrow. :cry2: Poor littlenorthernlass. :cry2::puppyeyes:
ASDA_PETROL_STATION_17.jpg
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I have torn my bedroom apart to no avail, so I have literally no idea where my holidays slips are. Which means that I have no evidence that I had yesterday off, unless they can find the holiday book it was written in and see?
Anyway, I'm probably going to be disciplined heavily tomorrow. :cry2: Poor littlenorthernlass. :cry2::puppyeyes:

This reminds me that I should photocopy my holiday slips.

:hugs:

What's the worst they could do?
Original post by Vitamin D
That's a bit strange, I've never heard of people getting more than one interview? What position have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grocery Colleague. At the magic session the interviewer decided he'd put in me in Produce so fruit and veg section I think. Maybe next week's 'interview' is just the formalities of signing contracts and stuff I hope?
Oh NOOOOO!:cry2: I found all my slips ... turns out it was LAST SATURDAY I was supposed to be off for. Not yesterday. My mother had written the wrong day on the calendar! I can't believe it. So I worked on my holiday last Saturday and stayed offyesterday when I should have been in.

I am about to cry, I can't believe it ... I'm going to be told off and disciplined so hard tomorrow! :cry2: I'm so embarrassed. I don't know how this happened:cry2: I'm going to enter all my remaining holidays into my phone calendar now and double check them to ensure this doesn't happen again.:sad:

My butt is going to be whacked so hard tomorrow:bawling:
Oh NOOOOO!:cry2: I found all my slips ... turns out it was LAST SATURDAY I was supposed to be off for. Not yesterday. My mother had written the wrong day on the calendar! I can't believe it. So I worked on my holiday last Saturday and stayed offyesterday when I should have been in.

I am about to cry, I can't believe it ... I'm going to be told off and disciplined so hard tomorrow! :cry2: I'm so embarrassed. I don't know how this happened:cry2: I'm going to enter all my remaining holidays into my phone calendar now and double check them to ensure this doesn't happen again.:sad:

My butt is going to be whacked so hard tomorrow:bawling:

Do they not provide some kind of rota? We take ours and photocopy it every week. I'm sure if your manager is reasonable, they will understand there was a mistake and that you didn't intentionally not turn up.

Does anyone know if I can be forced to do overtime?
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Do they not provide some kind of rota? We take ours and photocopy it every week. I'm sure if your manager is reasonable, they will understand there was a mistake and that you didn't intentionally not turn up.

Does anyone know if I can be forced to do overtime?

There is and once in a blue moon they get us to sign it, but otherwise I never look at it.:sad: I feel so depressed...

Nope, I don't think they can force you.
There is and once in a blue moon they get us to sign it, but otherwise I never look at it.:sad: I feel so depressed...

Nope, I don't think they can force you.

Why do you sign it? We have to look at ours every day because it changes so much (midweek too)

Ah that's fine then. I'm just worried because I've been doing overtime for 2 months now and I want to stop so I can focus more on my studying.
Why do you sign it? We have to look at ours every day because it changes so much (midweek too)

Ah that's fine then. I'm just worried because I've been doing overtime for 2 months now and I want to stop so I can focus more on my studying.

I've only had to sign it once, it's more for people who agree to do over time but don't show up so when it's done you sign it to agree on the sheet and it gives them power to hold over you if you don't show up, they can't force you to do overtime they can ask but shouldn't be putting you down for more then your contracted hours unless you have agreed to them

:dontknow: I do the same hours every week so I don't need to look at it, and they're supposed to put our holidays into the rota when we book them.

Haha, I never ever do overtime so I'm sure they'll let you off if you've been doing it for 2 months!
Anyone know if we got a pay rise and if so, how much?
Original post by Pricey23
I've only had to sign it once, it's more for people who agree to do over time but don't show up so when it's done you sign it to agree on the sheet and it gives them power to hold over you if you don't show up, they can't force you to do overtime they can ask but shouldn't be putting you down for more then your contracted hours unless you have agreed to them

That's alright. We don't sign it but everyone in the department is doing overtime.

I'll just say tomorrow I can't do overtime at the moment. Manager will be so pissed at me.
Even the SL that's been there for me through the panicking is getting annoyed... :frown: hate feeling like have to be a robot even though they know I struggle on checkouts,.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone I'm currently been working at Asda for the past 3 weeks and I'm enjoying myself. I've just noticed something on my job submission status I noticed something it says "pending hire (Asda)" and it was last updated on the 9th October, does this mean I'm on my probation period or something else I'm confused?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yay, disciplinary hearing incoming whenever they schedule it

Any advice anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riordave1875
Yay, disciplinary hearing incoming whenever they schedule it

Any advice anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Record it on your phone? Or if you're brave enough, write everything down and who it was said by. But I'd go with the phone one.

Ah my legal education is finally paying off! LOL
Record it on your phone? Or if you're brave enough, write everything down and who it was said by. But I'd go with the phone one.

Ah my legal education is finally paying off! LOL

Why record it on my phone? Apparently all I'm getting is a written warning to go on my record

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riordave1875
Why record it on my phone? Apparently all I'm getting is a written warning to go on my record

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's a written warning, then no, don't.

I thought it was a meeting.

I just like to record everything. Just in case I forget something. I have a tendency to not listen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending