The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7540
What is working on the checkouts like? I'm horrible at packing bags, are you expected to pack as you go?
Reply 7541
Hi everyone
i had an asda interview 4 days ago and i was just wondering how long you had to wait to hear back? Also if you are successful then do you get asked for references? it is for a picker in a home shopping centre or another similar role.
Original post by scsa
What is working on the checkouts like? I'm horrible at packing bags, are you expected to pack as you go?

Checkouts is fine as long as you just make an effort to be nice even if people are rude to you. You're supposed to ask everyone if they want a hand to pack but tbh I only do it if they have a lot of stuff and they're by themselves, or if it's an elderly customer. I'm not the best at packing either but you do kinda get the hang of it, most people will be happy to tell you how they want it packed if you ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scsa

You don't have to pack as you go, but you're expected to at least ask the customer if they would like a hand packing. Sometimes, you get stuck with a really rude customer who is speaking on their phone or texting or listening to music or whatever. Now, I usually started packing anyway to save time, but if I got a customer like that then, if I was feeling forgiving, I'd ask. But if they'd rubbed me up the wrong way or I was already in a bad mood, I'd practically throw their shopping down the checkout without saying a word.

Gotta be "efficient", right? :wink:
I was the runner again tonight and I worked very hard:smug: I almost took the keys and phone home with me though, I forgot they were on me:colondollar:I had to run back into the shop:colondollar:
Could some one tell me if you required to give back any holiday pay in the event someone leaving ASDA mid financial year ?

For example I have taken one weeks holiday and leave ASDA next week?
(edited 7 years ago)
HI, how do i go about asking for overtime? do i just have to be offered it?
Original post by amysweetpea
HI, how do i go about asking for overtime? do i just have to be offered it?

Just ask your section leader or manager, they will put your name down for overtime
Reply 7548
How long did it take for people to hear back after the interview? I've applied for the home shopping centre if that makes a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a woman give me attitude about milk tokens again last night! Just read the bloody coupon it tells you what you can spend it on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vitamin D
Had a woman give me attitude about milk tokens again last night! Just read the bloody coupon it tells you what you can spend it on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The other week I had a man trying to buy a 2 pint milk with a milk token and got really angry when I told him he had to spend OVER £3.10 on milk/vegs, not under:s-smilie: I had to call on a colleague to tell him because he wouldn't accept it from me :/
Reply 7551
Original post by moneydon
Could some one tell me if you required to give back any holiday pay in the event someone leaving ASDA mid financial year ?

For example I have taken one weeks holiday and leave ASDA next week?

You only have the pay back the amount that you took, but had not earned.

By the 20th of June, you will have earned just over a weeks holiday. You can see the calculation here (replace the 12 with how many hours you are contracted to).
Hello, sorry for jumping in here. Im Lucas I'm about to start the interview process, I'm concerned about the uniforms and having to wear my clothes from home when I start. Can someone please tell me about the uniform process and potential problems? Thank you
Original post by Lucas Pullman
Hello, sorry for jumping in here. Im Lucas I'm about to start the interview process, I'm concerned about the uniforms and having to wear my clothes from home when I start. Can someone please tell me about the uniform process and potential problems? Thank you

When you go for your interview they'll ask you for your size. They keep some uniform on hand so you may get yours during the induction, if they don't have your size they will have ordered it and it should arrive in a few weeks. In the mean time I would just wear what you wore to the interview, but tbh I've never seen anyone need to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry another question, I'm working in the chilled section, are there any rules about nail polish?
Original post by amysweetpea
Sorry another question, I'm working in the chilled section, are there any rules about nail polish?

I work on checkouts so it might be different, but as long as your nails are clean and nail polish not chipped, you should be fine.
Has anyone had a section leader interview, if so what sort of questions do they ask?
I recently started working at Asda (a bit over 3 weeks ago) and was wondering when we get paid?
I haven't been told and all the posts I've seen are old :/
Reply 7558
This fresh reinvention is utter brutal. Our chill backup is full of stock we can't get out
Original post by chrysrc
I recently started working at Asda (a bit over 3 weeks ago) and was wondering when we get paid?
I haven't been told and all the posts I've seen are old :/

The last pay day was on the 24th and the next one will be on the 22nd July :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending