Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Working At Asda Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My application still says 'Under review' and it's been just over a month. Is this normal? Also if I’m unsuccessful how will they let me know? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so got set to store 20 miles away for training 25-35 hour shifts per week, had my review dress code unsatisfactory as was wearing something different as uniform was still not ready. hygeine unsatisfactory as have engagement ring on stuck on finger for 12 years cant get it off, was told can get expenses back at recruitment centre on a friday went in to get them said sorry we have no money left but you can get them nxt friday at the store im at but i cnt have my top and pants refunded that i had to buy as uniform wasent ready, absolutely sick of it already
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I successfully passed the group interview stage and had my 1to1 interview 3 weeks ago. The lady told me that if I was successful I'd hear by telephone and if unsuccessful I'd hear by letter. I haven't received either. Does anyone have any advice about what to do ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyraggy1993)
    Hey. I successfully passed the group interview stage and had my 1to1 interview 3 weeks ago. The lady told me that if I was successful I'd hear by telephone and if unsuccessful I'd hear by letter. I haven't received either. Does anyone have any advice about what to do ?
    Is it for a new store? I thought I had been unsuccsessfull as heard nothing after 2 weeks, then 4 weeks after I had a phone call saying I was being offered a job and details would follow in a letter
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any one on here work in cash office?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to a magic event recently. I have read back to page 25 but was just wondering if they were still the same. Thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmg123)
    Is it for a new store? I thought I had been unsuccsessfull as heard nothing after 2 weeks, then 4 weeks after I had a phone call saying I was being offered a job and details would follow in a letter
    Nope, it's for an existing store. It's been just over 3 weeks now so I'd kinda resigned to myself that I hadn't gotten it but I haven't actually got the rejection letter and when I logged into the asda website it still says 'application in progress'. So blah, don't really now what to do. I have had multiple interviews for debehnams and mcdonalds so there is a possibility of them offering me something very soon so I would like to have all my cards on the table before I make a possible choice between them all. Do you think I should call up the store and ask ? I should have asked the woman how long it would take for them to get back to me at the 2nd interview >.<
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyraggy1993)
    Nope, it's for an existing store. It's been just over 3 weeks now so I'd kinda resigned to myself that I hadn't gotten it but I haven't actually got the rejection letter and when I logged into the asda website it still says 'application in progress'. So blah, don't really now what to do. I have had multiple interviews for debehnams and mcdonalds so there is a possibility of them offering me something very soon so I would like to have all my cards on the table before I make a possible choice between them all. Do you think I should call up the store and ask ? I should have asked the woman how long it would take for them to get back to me at the 2nd interview >.<
    Not sure how long it takes when its a existing store, I have been told with new stores it can take up to 4-6 weeks for an answer. I would give them a call, especially as you have applied for other jobs so that way at least you will will know
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laudan)
    Has anyone been to a magic event recently. I have read back to page 25 but was just wondering if they were still the same. Thanks
    Went last month. 19th Sept was my first day, lots of speeches, paperwork, watching dvds. 2nd day for me was cash office training (as thats the job I got) others in my group were doing till training/self scan training. 3rd day Till training, 4th day self scan training. A few from my group got sent to a local supermarket for some "live" training too. Hope this helps!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im filling out the application form and it asks for previous jobs. Ive never had a job before so figured Id just leave it blank (obviously) but it comes up with this message. You guys have any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tet.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	112225
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having this problem with the online system? Everytime I apply for a new job, it lets me review all the details again but when it comes to the assessment, it just says I can ''close this page'' and I do and then I can't do the assessment it just closes it entirely then I get an email saying I have applied for the job?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Is anyone else having this problem with the online system? Everytime I apply for a new job, it lets me review all the details again but when it comes to the assessment, it just says I can ''close this page'' and I do and then I can't do the assessment it just closes it entirely then I get an email saying I have applied for the job?
    Did the same for me I have applied for 4 vacancies but only did the assessment on the first one. I have just been invited to a Magic event for the last one I applied for so looks like you only need to do it once.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you apply to Asda do you automatically get an oppurtunity to attend the Asda Magic session?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me. I recently applied for a store position at Asda {Sheldon} and i received a email inviting me to a 'Asda Magic session' , however when i click on the link they provided it say's the event is no longer available for registration. I have no idea of what to do next, will i still the have opportunity to schedule a Asda magic session ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeahT)
    If you apply to Asda do you automatically get an oppurtunity to attend the Asda Magic session?
    No you have to be picked to attend the event. I applied to my nearest store and heard nothing them applied to another store and got invited to a magic event.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzz11)
    Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me. I recently applied for a store position at Asda {Sheldon} and i received a email inviting me to a 'Asda Magic session' , however when i click on the link they provided it say's the event is no longer available for registration. I have no idea of what to do next, will i still the have opportunity to schedule a Asda magic session ?
    Try phoning their store, and they should be able to help you out, as that's probably where your Magic session should be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've passed the magic event &have been invited for an interview, can anyone tell me what sort of questions they will ask. Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just got a temp job there, I'm working 9-6 next week, what breaks do I get? Thanks (great thread btw)

Also does lunch count as part of break entitlement?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please help- My application says 'under review' for over a months now. What should I do? Thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Hazzle*)
    I've just got a temp job there, I'm working 9-6 next week, what breaks do I get? Thanks (great thread btw)

Also does lunch count as part of break entitlement?
    If I remember this correctly, you should get 30 minutes lunch (it's normally an hour but people only take 30 mins at my store) which is unpaid. Then you get 30 minutes paid breaks - presumably you can take 2 lots of 15 minutes.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2014
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.