The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie c
Just applied, if i get invited to a 'magic' event i'm assuming jumper shirt trousers shoes is alright to wear?

Anybody know the current starting wage for Christmas temps? then again i suppose anythings better than £3.64 an hour.

I've heard from my friend that smart casual is the dress code he went by for the 'magic' event.
Also, apparently it's £6.12 an hour until probation (12 weeks) is over and then goes up to £6.27 an hour (:

Hope this is okay! x
Original post by GeorgeHWheeler
I've heard from my friend that smart casual is the dress code he went by for the 'magic' event.
Also, apparently it's £6.12 an hour until probation (12 weeks) is over and then goes up to £6.27 an hour (:

Hope this is okay! x

Like i said, anything is better than 3.64 p/h :tongue:

Thanks for replying :biggrin:
Original post by bonbon22
Does any one know how long it is before u get paid when u first start ie a week in hand or month as am not entitled to any help off benifits as i havnt been on benifits for long enough thanks xx

They have set days on which everyone in the company gets paid. It's every 4th Friday but I've no idea when the next payday is, sorry. The cut off date is two weeks before the payday though (I think), if you start working less than two weeks before a pay day you'll have to wait till the next one (anyone who knows better correct me if I'm wrong!).
Original post by Hearts10
What is the pay for Asda?

Not sure if its everywhere, but for my store it's £6.20 for the first 12 weeks and £6.50 after that :smile:
Reply 1364
Hi, just started at ASDA as a Christmas temp, had till training, so much to remember. How do you void an item? (not an item you have just scanned) & also a whoops item it the bar code is not on the back? :frown: help :frown:
Reply 1365
I've got an induction day on Saturday...Does anyone know what this involves and what I need to wear or bring?
Reply 1366
Hi, got offered some night shifts today after the interview process and one of the nights they have asked me to work is on saturdays. As this is new years will I have to work that night?

Its just a temp job they have offered me, A large chunk of family are coming over to the UK this year to see the other half of the family and we are all going out for that night. not sure what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by chrisb23
Thank you! So you have to scan two things? I just thought you checked the receipt and vouchers matched then scan the voucher?

No problemo. Depends how you do it. It's probably easier to just scan the green one + then type in 500 and press coupon!
:smile:

Original post by deadwing
They have set days on which everyone in the company gets paid. It's every 4th Friday but I've no idea when the next payday is, sorry. The cut off date is two weeks before the payday though (I think), if you start working less than two weeks before a pay day you'll have to wait till the next one (anyone who knows better correct me if I'm wrong!).

Cut off is one week before pay day but other than that you're completely right with everything else. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by emily27x
not sure about anything else but with the apg vouchers
you check the receipt + the green print out have the same number.. the number is obvious on the green print out + it's at the top of the prices on the receipt. If it does, you scan the green print out and then press total + then you either scan the black print out, or type in 500 and press the 'coupon' button :smile:

don't forget to put 2 black lines through the coupons once you have used them but don't let the lines go through the bar code!

hope i helped! :smile:

Thank you! So you have to scan two things? I just thought you checked the receipt and vouchers matched then scan the voucher?

You check they match and just 500 coupon, you don't have to scan the voucher at all you just have to make sure you void it and keep it, and remember to APG sign the receipt. Different stores probably ask you to do different things though :dontknow:
Original post by Lala4321
I've got an induction day on Saturday...Does anyone know what this involves and what I need to wear or bring?

Do you mean your best welcome, your till training or your actual first day? As you've not been given uniform I assume it is the first in which case you can wear whatever you want essentially.
omg. how do you all remember the fruit codes? such a mare. also, gift cards and vouchers: not a clue! When I worked at M&S everything was touchscreen with a big picture :frown:

Repetition will get you there. The real mare is when the code isn't on the product or in the book and you have to call a runner.
My boyfriend has a "Best Welcome" induction for Asda in a few hours, just wondering what he can expect from it? Is it just filling out forms and watching health & safety videos? He's been told to just wear something casual and not go suited and booted.
Reply 1372
Original post by paddy__power
Do you mean your best welcome, your till training or your actual first day? As you've not been given uniform I assume it is the first in which case you can wear whatever you want essentially.

I think it's the best welcome...I will call them up to clarify does this mean I have got the job?
Original post by Lala4321
I think it's the best welcome...I will call them up to clarify does this mean I have got the job?

Yes it does, and you can wear whatever you want.
Original post by xangelinax
My boyfriend has a "Best Welcome" induction for Asda in a few hours, just wondering what he can expect from it? Is it just filling out forms and watching health & safety videos? He's been told to just wear something casual and not go suited and booted.

Yes that's pretty much it, he will also get his uniform (or have it ordered) and various other bits and pieces.
Reply 1375
Great I just called the up....And now they aren't even sure whether it will be tomorrow....?

I hope I've still got the job....:frown:
Original post by lmcgrenaghan
Hi there, i hope someone can help me.
I am currently a seasonal colleague within asda for thelast 3 years. Today I had to get in contact with them to let them know that i would only be able to work Christmas eve this year as i finish term on the 19th, i am currently in my final year of university and i have got a lot of work to do for the first week of jan. I currently live away from home and i will only be home from 23rd December for a week. I informed asda of my situation and they told me that unless i dont come back when every other seasonal colleague is coming back on the 11th December, then my contract will be terminated. I dont know what to do as my course does not end to 19th December for xmas.
any help would be greatful.

Who told you that was it a section leader ( thats who I deal with so I assume) if so speak to a manager then personnel my store are pretty good , if not speak to the GSM / Write them a formal letter good luck im about to inform asda i wont be back till the 23rd not doing boxing or NYD and I only want 15 hours a week :smile:
Original post by pink-marshmallow
I have an ASDA interview on Weds. I was wondering if the group interview and one to one interview are always done on separate days?

Has anyone ever done these both on the same day and then been told at a later time whether they have been successful or not??

I had all three today! I had the group stage for about 40 minutes, a quick interview and a tour around the store. Then They rang me 3 hours later and offered me the job!
Hey guys,
I now have the job at Asda, and I had an induction last week where I had to watch a variety of videos and work on the shop floor for a few hours.
However, they have not contacted me at all about when I should go in to start work :s-smilie:
I had the induction last wednesday, and they said they would send me a letter through the post about when to turn up for work- but I havn't received anything. Am I just being impatient?

Also, when I was working on the shop floor I had a hard time "rumbling". Can someone give me some pointers on how to stack shelves? - Just for future reference :smile:

Thanks a bunch!
Reply 1379
Hi does anyone know what sort of questions they ask in the 1 to 1 interview? And what would be a good reply to these? Got my interview on Tuesday...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending