The Student Room Group

Fat people in the emergency services are a disgrace

Was walking down the road at lunch time to get some food when two horrendously fat coppers came waddling past. Given that it's the publics money that pays for these jokers, I consider it an insult that they've allowed themselves to get into this mess.

The worst bit was one of them looked like a 45 year old female. I mean seriously, what is the point of her being a policeman? She wouldn't frighten a mouse.

I reckon there should be some seriously stringent tests for those in the emergency services. If they balloon and become overweight they should be got rid of - when you think about it, it'd be to the wider publics benefit, as we all rely on these monstrosities to protect us.

Do you agree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
EsStupido
The worst bit was one of them looked like a 45 year old female. I mean seriously, what is the point of her being a policeman? She wouldn't frighten a mouse.

I disagree. I would be freaked out by a policeman who turned out to be a woman in drag.
Reply 2
Yep. You should've chucked an item of food at them, in pity. I dislike many policemen anyway, but to get out of shape in a physical job is a piss take. You wouldn't be allowed to in the army, so why in the police?
Reply 3
I'm sure they have to go through regular fitness tests, even if in some cases it doesn't look like it's doing much.
Reply 4
dbmag9
I'm sure they have to go through regular fitness tests, even if in some cases it doesn't look like it's doing much.

I'd love to believe that they do, but I find it hard to believe given the physical shape of the two I saw earlier.

I really do believe it sets a bad example to people when you look at someone who is in a position of authority and find yourself sniggering because they're overweight and seemingly incapable of doing the basics in their job, i.e. actually chasing criminals.
Reply 5
Not long ago I saw a policeman who was rather large. I think he was a Community police officer. My friend asked me what he would do if he had to chase a suspect.

I replied "not a lot I guess."
Reply 6
your views about the fat are a lil extreme XD
Reply 7
Even worse are fat PE teachers.
Reply 8
EsStupido
Was walking down the road at lunch time to get some food when two horrendously fat coppers came waddling past. Given that it's the publics money that pays for these jokers, I consider it an insult that they've allowed themselves to get into this mess.

I reckon there should be some seriously stringent tests for those in the emergency services. If they balloon and become overweight they should be got rid of - when you think about it, it'd be to the wider publics benefit, as we all rely on these monstrosities to protect us.

Do you agree?

Only in the UK. Most other countries have fitness tests which people have to pass, but the UK deems this unfair and discrimination......rather then the person can not do there ******* job as they are so fat.
It's all about smart allocation of resources. The skinny coppers can chase the criminals and the fat ones can sit on them while they're read their rights. Perfectly logical.
lol its good because they can't catch u
I had a PE teacher who was massive. But man could he run! And he was scary too.
Jimbo1234
Only in the UK. Most other countries have fitness tests which people have to pass, but the UK deems this unfair and discrimination......rather then the person can not do there ******* job as they are so fat.
https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/wmprrecruit/wmpr2006130133436.asp. As with most complaints about health and safety/discrimination legislation, that's a load of balls.
Reply 13
They have to pass a fitness test to join, so you're basically saying its because they LOOK fat ???
Haha couldn't help but chuckle at your post. I agree to an extent, if they are obese then they probably aren't fit enough, but some people are quite fit but look overweight. I saw a nurse on TV last week who was morbidly obese, her fat rolls spilling out of her trousers and this was on the BBC 6pm News. She isn't setting a good example at all.
I do think policemen should have fitness tests.

Also, the council seems to forget, the people they employ partly represent them?
(edited 13 years ago)
london12
They have to pass a fitness test to join, so you're basically saying its because they LOOK fat ???

This.

I mean, obviously they can do their jobs, otherwise they wouldn't be in them, would they.

You can slag the emergency services off as much as you like, but if anything happened to you, you'd expect them to be there to help you (and they most likely would be).
Reply 17
Dogatonic
I disagree. I would be freaked out by a policeman who turned out to be a woman in drag.

:lol:
london12

To join, not to stay
Dr Jiminez
your views about the fat are a lil extreme XD

this :yep:.... you need to chill out as you come across as being extremely rude! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending